District Manager Southeast
About the Company
*WiseConn Engineering is a leading AgTech company that has a presence in more than 5 countries that provide farmers with a solution to help them irrigate precisely. The WiseConn Platform consists of both hardware and software developed by WiseConn engineers. Our software is accessible through the cloud allowing users to visualize what they are doing in the field and to help make informed decisions. Our patent pending technology allows faring and irrigation managers to wirelessly monitor, control and automate irrigation systems online in order to increase revenue, decrease expenses and provide a faster ROI. For more information about our company, please visit www.wiseconn.com . District Manager Southeast
The District Manager is responsible for setting the direction and achieving the desired sales results for the southeastern United States. Responsibilities include the development & implementation of a territory sales plan, sales calls, business development and growth of sales and market share. The District Manager works independently within the geographic territory and is measured on revenue production, profitability, and market share improvement. The District Manager must be willing to travel extensively, and must be technically competent, a sound presenter, results-oriented, highly self-motivated, and ideally will have Irrigation industry experience.
- Manage assigned accounts and sales territory to achieve sales goals and profits at new and existing customers through initiative-taking selling, regular customer contact, sales promotion, and servicing of accounts.
- Forecast sales for assigned accounts and territory by customer and product. Assess and analyze actual sales to forecast to ensure achievement of monthly and annual budgets.
- Constantly monitor sales results, progress towards goals, and take lead on defining strategies to grow market share.
- Manages the selection, development, the annual sales planning of distributors intended to grow sales and market share.
- Analyze and interpret requests for quotations, specifications, and engineering drawings for the purpose of determining feasibility. Utilize fundamental information used to qualify an opportunity to ensure proper development of a deal/quoting opportunity.
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact for customers. Coordinate with technical services and other departments for completion of quotes and product introductions.
- Provide clear expectations to the organization that reflect customer expectations to ensure responsiveness.
- Facilitate the flow of information between the customer and WiseConn organization to help ensure accomplishment of performance targets.
- Provide new and current customers with product information, including pricing, availability, delivery, functionally equivalent product alternatives and value-added product and service information.
- Assist the Marketing Manager in developing marketing programs and gathering market share data.
- Assist marketing in determining product needs.
- Organize and attend trade shows as needed.
- Assist technical support/operations in field quality issues and continually support the corporation in improvement of our product quality.
- Prepare regular and special sales reports as assigned including Monthly Sales Updates, Annual Sales Plans for the territory (including distributor sales plans), etc. coordinated with the National Sales Manager.
- Maintain sales travel and promotional budgets while growing sales and market share.
- Associate or Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Agronomy, Science or Business Management.
- Three years of sales experience.
- Professional selling skills including knowledge of geographic territory and customer experience.
- Strong selling/communication & problem-solving skills.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Knowledge of ag irrigation principles.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communications skills required, speaking, and written.
- Self-motivated, team player, and a result oriented individual.
- Solid working knowledge of computers and commonly used business software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) or alternate systems such as Google Workspace.
- Ability to travel at least 70% of time in territory.
- Desire to grow in the organization and willing to accept challenges.
- Previous experience in the Ag Technology industry with a knowledge of irrigation, automation and telemetry products and applications, distribution channels and customers, the WiseConn organization, WiseConn products, competitors, etc.
- Marketing experience.
- Zoho CRM expertise.
- Bilingual/Speaks Spanish.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Locations