At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a team work! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic and highly-skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. We’re so awesome that we’ve won the ”Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named, ”Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!
Who is Volvo Penta?
Simply put, we’ve been around for a while and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers.
Who are we looking for to join us?
Currently, our amazing Finance & Control team in Chesapeake is looking for someone to join them as a Pricing & Business Controller.
In this position, you will lead the process of analyzing market and product performance to determine price positioning and pricing strategies. You will also be responsible for pricing structure within North and South America, and related business control activities. You will coordinate and plan pricing, working closely with sales managers, sales operations, and corporate functions in Sweden, Brazil, and the United States. Some of the key things you’ll do as a Pricing & Business Controller:
- Drive the regional pricing strategy process and analyze market trends
- Analysis of volume and sales development, market shares, price realization, gross profit, etc.
- Prepare routine and ad hoc financial and operating reports for the regional management
- Set up and coordinate pricing for sales campaigns
- Coordinate annual OEM price quotation
- Align regional price strategies with global pricing and provide perform cost/price studies
- Provide controlling support and pricing analysis to the VP of Marine Sales, Industrial Sales, and regional sales managers
- Maintain pricing structures in ERP system (example: JD Edwards). Work with and inform Sales Departments on any Pricing-related issues
- Determine profitability and achievement of sales programs against strategic goal
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field; or, an equivalent combination of skills and experience; MBA preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a finance-related position. 3-5 years is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus.
- Expert experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, Power BI, and a high level of IT knowledge/understanding.
- You’ll be speaking with employees at all levels within and outside the company, so you’ll need excellent communication skills, including fluency in speaking and writing English.
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and business mindset who can manage a busy workload with many deadlines.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation and continuing education
- Generous Earned Time Off (ETO) plan (vacation)
- 401K with matching
- And so much more!
”Hampton Roads” is an eclectic mix of coastal, urban, rural and historic communities that includes the cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Hampton, and Newport News. Our test center marina is located on the water in Suffolk. We have beautiful beaches and state parks, and family-friendly attractions with Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens and North Carolina’s Outer Banks within easy driving distance. The area is host to diverse dining and shopping experiences to suit anyone’s tastes. There are so many exciting things to do here in the area that we highly recommend you come and see it for yourself! You’ll also find excellent school districts and esteemed institutions of higher learning, including Old Dominion University and The College of William and Mary, among others.
Are you ready to work with a global and diverse team of highly-skilled professionals; a company dedicated to, safety, the environment, innovation and success? Apply today for the position of Pricing and Business Controller. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
Last application date
US Disclaimer text
We Participate in E-verify