Emerge is one of the fastest-growing startups in the U.S. and is transforming the $800 billion transportation and logistics industry with its Digital Freight Marketplace platform.
By improving the RFP process, the platform extends shipper accessibility to capacity and provides rates from current incumbents, vetted carriers and brokers and open backhaul capacity from private and dedicated fleets.
Additionally, users can manage their spot freight, track and trace their loads and download real-time analytics helping them to make the smartest decisions from pickup to delivery.
Launching in 2017, Emerge is backed by the founder of GlobalTranz, a logistics services provider offering freight management technology, NewRoad Capital and Greycroft, both are leading venture capital firms focused on growing technology companies.
Emerge is rapidly growing its team of driven, talented and passionate people who are leading the technological evolution of the freight industry. If you’re looking to elevate your career alongside proven industry veterans, come and join us in beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona.
Let’s build the future, together.
We are seeking a competent Carrier Sales Associate to source business opportunities and manage carrier relationships. You’ll be directly responsible for the preservation and expansion of our carrier base.
The ideal candidate will have talent in sales and experience in customer service. We expect you to be a reliable professional able to achieve a balance between carrier orientation and a results-driven approach.
The goal is to find opportunities and turn them into long-term profitable relationships based on trust and mutual satisfaction.
Our Future Team Member
- Is a self-starter that takes direction but doesn’t wait for it
- Loves to learn and be challenged
- Seeks out and presents solutions for the best experience/results
- Has high attention for detail and how it affects the big picture
- Takes pride in their work
- Can embrace change
- Has a sense of humor
- Unearth new carrier sales opportunities through networking and turn them into potential partnerships and utilize these partnerships by providing carrier direct rates to customers and covering shipments
- Work with carriers navigating our platform, ie. accepting tenders, assigning tracking, actively quoting in the Marketplace
- Present products to prospective carriers
- Remain in frequent contact with carriers in your responsibility to understand their needs
- Negotiate agreements and keep records of sales and data
- Targeting minimum 10 shipments per day average (monthly scale)
Your Talents Include
- Proven experience as an Operations Representative, Account Executive, Carrier Specialist or in other sales/customer service role
- Knowledge of market research, sales, and negotiating principles
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of CRM software (Salesforce) is a plus
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- A business acumen
- Enthusiastic, passionate, and self-motivated
- BS or BA in business is preferred