Enterprise Knowledge is looking for a Federal Business Development Manager to support our growing organization in the Washington DC area, headquartered in Arlington, VA. This is a new position and we are seeking a motivated individual to guide the entire lifecycle of Federal sales, including opportunity identification and development, capture, partnering, positioning, RFI/RFP response, proposal management, compliance checking, and orals preparation. In this position you will report directly to the CEO and have significant opportunities to grow with an organization recognized for its fast growth on the Inc. 5000 and Virginia's "Fantastic 50" fastest growing companies, as well as for its excellent culture by Washington Business Journal, Washingtonian, and Inc. Magazine.
This position demands an understanding of and experience in all areas of Federal lead identification, capture, and proposal management. Success in this position will include significant opportunities for advancement and recognition.
As an EK team member, you will have the opportunity to learn from enthusiastic colleagues, take advantage of our unique benefits, and help build our innovative culture. Don’t just take our word for it – we were recently featured as one of Washington Business Journal and Inc. Magazine’s 2021 Best Workplaces!
The successful applicant will be asked to set and meet goals for new wins and increased revenue and will have the opportunity to earn substantial bonuses and equity in one of the country’s fastest growing companies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Grow the pipeline through the identification and qualification of new business opportunities that are consistent with EK's strategic priorities in a manner that takes full advantage of the entire company’s unique capabilities and differentiators.
- Partner with EK leadership on capture activities from inception to win by engaging with customers, primes, and partners.
- Be active in the market and a strong representative of our organization. Use your knowledge of the Federal consulting space to position EK for growth and success.
- Identify opportunities to partner with other companies in the space and how EK's unique differentiators can be leveraged to win Federal opportunities.
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Five or more years of experience in Federal Business Development
- Proven track record of experience and success developing new client relationships and generating business development opportunities that leads to successful client engagements
- Detail-oriented with the ability to effectively execute in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and take initiative
- Excellent writing, communication, and research skills
- Experience with systems including SAM.gov, GovWin IQ, and e-Buy
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Understanding of and experience in sales specific to Knowledge Management, Data and Information Management, Artificial Intelligence, and/or Change Management
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”