Leading Texas IT Services Provider needs to add a technology leader to its team.Businesses need a technology leader who understands the company’s business objectives and provide technology direction to support those objectives. Our technical account executives are both visionary and pragmatic. It is not enough to plan for innovation, we are perceptive and realistic. As insightful leaders we prompt a broad technology agenda to help our clients' businesses profit from leading-edge technologies. At the same time as a pragmatist, we deal with the realities of the business. As pragmatist we facilitate the productivity of current technology solutions. We minimize cost and maximize results and technology ROI. We use portfolio management to align technology strategy and spending with the business objectives.
Our technical account executives consistently build trust and strengthen relationships by keeping customers informed on how emerging technologies can help their business. Prepare briefings on the business, technical and financial benefits of technology and collaborate with customers to develop customized solutions.
The technical account executive is responsible for the full sales lifecycle as it pertains to the current customer base of the company. This position works with active customers to develop a roadmap of products and services and guide them as a partner through best practices to reduce risk and help leverage IT for a clients superiority in their field of expertise.
Typical job responsibilities of the technical account executive include:
- Technology leadership and management
- Technology products and services development and delivery
- Technology vision and strategy
- Technology roadmap and the business objectives alignment
- Technology strategy communications
- Strategic partnerships management
- Technology staff management
- Technology scalability, robustness and maintainability assessment and planning
- Risk, security and compliance management
- Technology governance
- Technology research and evaluation
- Contract review and negotiate
- Key Performance Metrics definition
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree – in Business or related field, education requirements can be offset by advanced, specialized and related work experience (industry or federal).
- Demonstrated level of success in the development of client relationships
- Enjoy working with customers and external audiences
- High energy and drive with good negotiation skills
- Proficient with general office applications
- Ability to understand network and system infrastructures and make recommendations on improvement
- Understanding of a wide range of technologies and ability to recommend best solution in a given situation
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment and discretion
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Skill in preparing written communications and materials
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate data entry
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time as required by preparing and analyzing data, test results, computer hardware and software, etc.
- Ability to manipulate necessary office equipment, computer software, hardware and equipment.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, feeling, talking and hearing.
- Requires working in both internal and external environments subject to variation in temperature at various McLane Intel locations and customer locations..
- Prompt arrival is mandatory in order to ensure SLA compliance may be required on a weekly basis.
- Frequent communications, occasionally for extended periods, by telephone.
- Travel will be required on a regular basis. Transportation provided by employee.
- Activities before and after regular business hours may be required.
- Reasonable accommodations are provided as required by state and federal disability laws
- Competitive salary
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Dental insurance & Vision assistance
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Holidays
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Outstanding company culture & brand