At Bayer Crop Science Biologics R&D, we find microbial-based biological crop protection and seed growth solutions for growers. The Data Scientist with statistics focus at bio-statistical team in Bayer Crop Science Biologics is responsible for experimental design, novel statistical modeling development and deployment, and ensuring the data-driven business decision through digital transformation by collaboration with data engineers, software developers, and biological scientists.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Work as a member of the bio-statistical team in Bayer Crop Science Biologics to optimize experimental designs, develop and deploy novel statistics models and machine learning algorithms for trials at control environment and in-field.
- Discover emerging technologies, such as, imagery technology, for deployment to achieve broader project goals by collaboration with stakeholders in Bayer Crop Science Biologics and other teams in Biologics.
- Work with data engineers and software developers to automate the well-developed statistical models, and train Biological scientist for implementation.
Qualification & Competencies
PHD in biostatistics or statistics or MS in biostatistics or statistics with 2+ year working experience.
- Sophisticated programming skill in R and Python.
- Good at a wide range of statistical techniques including, but not limited to, experimental design, general and generalized linear mixed models, multivariate statistics, non-parametric analysis, Bayesian statistics, and machine learning algorithms.
- Working experience, including graduate research projects, in machine learning algorithms.
- Strong scientific problem solving and critical thinking skills, and high capability to apply scientific principles to the design and interpretation of scientific experiments
- Good communication skills.
Biologics background or relevant is a plus.
- Experience in AWS or Google Cloud.