The Photography Supervisor plays an important role in managing and leading a team of Photographers to ensure efficient and successful Picture Day operation and execution. This role includes staff readiness activities such as recruiting, training, coaching, and managing performance to drive picture quality and productivity to meet or exceed business goals as well as maximize account retention. Photography Supervisors are expected to represent the district and Lifetouch in a professional and positive manner while demonstrating concern for the safety of our customers (infants, children, and adults) and our employees by ensuring established safety procedures and practices are followed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages photography activities performed by Photographers to meet or exceed company and host expectations while ensuring professional and timely service.
- Evaluates Photographer performance (e.g., productivity, photography quality) by observing, analyzing evaluations, reviewing photography (in Photo Share) to build skills, ensuring quality and consistency, as well as driving business results.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains Photographers, in accordance with company guidelines and processes, to build and maintain a high-performing team.
- Ensures Photographers have accurate operational information (e.g., procedures, equipment, software programs, photography programs, set-up/tear-down) by conducting calls, meetings, and training.
- Delivers standardized training (e.g., new hire, on-going) and provides regular coaching (e.g., field visits) throughout the season, to new and current Photographers, using materials and resources provided by the company, to ensure skill development and growth.
- Partners with Photography and Office teams to foster relationships and maximize account retention (as measured and reported in the account management system).
- Performs administrative functions (e.g., ensuring compliance, ordering supplies, approving time records) accurately by established deadlines and ensures Photographers meet all deadlines.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as addresses non-compliance in a timely and professional manner.
- Manages and leads a team (2 or more full-time equivalents), including providing day-to-day work direction, sharing performance feedback, giving recognition, and communicating effectively.
- Monitors and evaluates individual and team performance.
- Employs techniques to build teamwork in support of business needs to drive results.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee, and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts in-person center engagement visits to understand issues, address and resolve concerns (or escalate to the Account Specialist) to increase account retention.
- Takes initiative to solve, and ensures resolution of, all host experience or product issues, in a customer-focused manner by leveraging established Service Recovery processes and escalates issues, as needed.
- Takes photos efficiently, within company standards (including Posing Guidelines and Photography Policies), that meet the customer’s needs and the company’s quality and variety expectations to maximize sales and account retention.
- Prepares for and consistently executes Picture Days well, in alignment with company expectations and standards as well as in partnership with center staff, rules, and policies.
- Assists in the development of photographer schedules.
- Maintains and oversees photographic equipment, backgrounds, and props as well as tracking and inventory of the equipment.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of photography-related work.
- 1 - 2 years managing and leading direct reports, preferred.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Knowledge of current Preschool programs strongly preferred.
- Strong computer skills (e.g., navigation, data entry), including Microsoft Excel.
- Working and demonstrated knowledge of effective training practices and approaches.
- Strong communication skills (including presentation skills).
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Ability to manage, prioritize as well as balance, and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously, working efficiently.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change.
- Takes initiative.
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and full use of dependable, insured automobile to reach assigned locations.
- Must be able to travel regularly within the assigned market, including overnight stays to meet business needs.
Lifetouch, a Shutterfly Inc. Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.