About HMM America Shipping Agency:
HMM is a leading global shipping company operating over 130 state-of-the-art vessels encompassing more than 50 sea routes to over 100 ports of call. HMM strategically collaborates with customers to develop customized supply chain solutions for dry, refrigerated and other specialized cargo.
HMM has formed a global business network of vessels, terminals, railroads, trucks and offices around the world. HMM is highly regarded as one of the world's top integrated-logistics companies with a commitment to operational excellence by our team of industry professionals and state of the art technology.
GENERAL POSITION OVERVIEW
The Account Executive is an outside sales position responsible for selling HMM’s transportation services to customers within the designated geography. The primary responsibility is to develop customer business relationships both with the existing account base and develop new accounts in order to secure business for the Transpacific and Transatlantic import/export trade lanes. Functions also include negotiating contracts/rates, problem solving and handling daily account requests. An Account Manager is responsible for reporting market and account activity to the sales manager as well as meeting weekly sales targets and other Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that are set by Regional Management. The Account Manager is expected to maintain a professional image at all times that best represents HMM.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Performs on a frequent and/or recurring basis:
· Outside sales calls
· Customer contact
· Verbal/written communications with both internal and external customers
· Rate/contract work
· Problem solving
· Keeping HASA customer records current
· Preparing weekly preplans and postplans
Promptly submit all business related expenses
ADDITIONAL DUTIES/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Reports – weekly or as required
· Pursue past due accounts
· Assisting with other company requests
· Other duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Strong customer service ethic
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Sales background is preferred
· Must be well organized and able to prioritize work.
· Good problem solving and negotiating skills.
· Should also be goal oriented and outgoing.
· Needs to have necessary computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office suite of products
· Must have a driver's license and car which meets company standards.
· Must also be willing to travel outside the territory if required.
· High School diploma (GED) required.
· College degree preferred.
· 1 to 2 years customer service or sales experience and 2 years industry experience.
ENVIRONMENT/ EQUIPMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Normal office environment uses computer, calculator, telephone, fax, copy machine, printer, and document shredder.
Nothing in this position description restricts management's right to assign or reassign essential and non-essential duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Shipping and Ocean Transportation: 5 years (Preferred)
- One location