- 8+years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- 5+ years of experience in networking; infrastructure, analytics or database architecture
- Experience in a customer-facing, sales aligned role, presenting to small and large audiences
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Exceptional communicating skills across internal and external organizations
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering preferred or equivalent work experience;
- Ability to travel, including out of state, up to 25% of the time
You should enjoy thinking strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. The Solutions Architect is a technical role - you must be broadly competent across many areas of technology (infrastructure, security, DevOps, databases, application development, analytics) and deep in at least 2-3 of those areas. On the business side, the ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical for our customers’ successful use of AWS. The Solutions Architect will spend most of their day interacting with several customer stakeholders, including Developers, Engineers, Directors, and CxOs.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Enjoy working with Enterprise customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
- Have a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions. Previous experience working as a Systems or Support Engineer, including pre-sales experience. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
- In partnership with the Sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
- As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS (i.e Dev Days or Immersion Days)
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS Solutions Architect community
- Contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as white papers
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, Service Teams and Support
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.]
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- In addition to broad technical depth expertise in at least one particular domain, and/or platform: DevOps, Data & Analytics, Machine Learning, Serverless computing etc.
- Intermediate or advanced experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud
- Solution selling experience from a pre-sales technical perspective