Who we are
Thompson Pipe Group is a privately held family business of engineers, contractors, and manufacturers based in Rialto, California. From our humble beginnings, we built a family of products to meet the needs of all kinds of infrastructure. Each generation of products is better than the previous one.
Thompson Pipe Group is now the largest and most diverse drainage, sanitary, pressure, and trench-less pipe provider, with manufacturing locations across the country and serving not just the US but all of North America.
Thompson Pipe Group is looking for an Inside Sales Coordinator who is an experienced and well-organized individual that will provide the necessary support to the Sales team, acting as a key interface with the team. The successful candidate will become the point of reference for the Sales team and customers alike, by keeping schedules and providing feedback, documentation, and information. The goal is to facilitate the sales team’s activities so as to maximize their performance and the solid and long-lasting development of the Company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist sales team with quoting projects and tracking project status.
- Coordinate sales team by managing an ERP system – entering master orders, updating orders/returns for revised orders.
- Assist sales team with data storing, tracking, and sorting in a customer relationship management (CRM) software application, ACT! Produce CRM reports as needed.
- Coordinate the sales team by gathering the required documents for projects.
- Coordinating delivery / required schedules with Sales, Production, and Dispatch.
- Handle the submittal processing of all orders with accuracy and timeliness.
- Answer customer and sales-related telephone calls.
- Act as a liaison, provide product/services information and resolve any emerging problems that our clients might face with accuracy and efficiency.
- Inform clients of unforeseen delays or problems.
- Respond to complaints from customers and give after-sales support when requested.
- Assist in the preparation and organizing of promotional material or events as needed.
- Monitor the team’s progress, identify shortcomings and propose improvements.
- Communicate relevant information.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned to meet business needs.
DELIVERABLES: Work deliverables are items deemed necessary to manage and control project work. These deliverables will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Delivery status reports as requested;
- Create and submit weekly project narratives;
- Complete the construction portion of the project on schedule, within budget, meeting safety requirements and with appropriate quality;
- Develop a plan for interface with ongoing operations;
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE: To be considered for the role, applicants must have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of proven experience in customer service, sales, or other relevant administrative positions.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, CRM); ERP experience a plus.
- Proficient in data entry/keyboard skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in English; bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Well-organized and responsible with an aptitude in problem-solving.
- Confident at troubleshooting.
- Ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues; reason, calculate figures and amounts; collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to interpret procedures and policies; and meet schedules in a dynamic and sometimes demanding work environment.
- A team player with a high level of dedication.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned to meet business needs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Individual is frequently required to sit, sometimes for prolonged periods while working at a desk, on the phone, and/or on the computer; type on a computer keyboard; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk or hear; reach with hands or arms; walk or stand, and perform some repetitive motion activities.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in a typical office environment.
What We Offer
- Top-tier Medical, Vision and Dental, Life Benefits
- Life & Supplement Life
- Company Matched 401K retirement plan
- Paid Holidays
- Fun Events
- Employee Discounts
- Training and Development
- Career Opportunity!
- $1,000.00 Sign-On Bonus
- $1,000.00 Referral Bonus
Apply Now! Limited job opportunities are available
Thompson Pipe Group is NOW accepting in-person applications
We are located at 3009 N Laurel Avenue Rialto, CA 92377
Question about the Position? You can contact us at 909/434-1888.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
An Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer that welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or another legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
We're providing the proper PPE for all employees if needed and are including sanitizing stations throughout the company.
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Inside sales : 4 years (Preferred)
- Outlook mail: 3 years (Preferred)
- using ACT software: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Rialto, CA (Preferred)
- One location
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place