About This Position
The Freight Broker will provide customer service, carrier management and transportation operations support for multiple client accounts. Such support will require this team member to perform and coordinate multi-functional support toward the goal of margin growth and retention within and across all CLM accounts.
Qualifications and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates degree in Business or related field and/or equivalent experience in related field.
A minimum of 2 years transportation experience is required in the brokerage industry/environment. Customer Service, Inside Sales and Brokerage Operations experience required.
- AP/AR Admin.
- Carrier / Load Track and Trace activity.
- Create and maintain relationships with clients and respond to their requests in a timely manner, take responsibility for tracking and communicating pertinent information related to your loads and resolving problems.
- Execute the movement of freight to help fulfill client transportation requirements.
- Operations Reporting.
- Order entry, Pick-up and Delivery Scheduling - complete and accurate load details into the McLeod TMS.
- Perform cold calls, negotiate rates, solve problems, dispatch trucks, track loads and provide excellent customer service.
- Utilize the available tools and resources: Multiple Web Based Applications for Transportation, MS Office applications.
- Ability to build and maintain positive business relationships.
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Able to work flexible hours when required.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Assume ownership of building the business - Entrepreneurial Mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple duties concurrently and maintain attention to detail.
- Efficiency with all computer systems is critical.
- The ability to multi task in a fast paced environment effectively.
- Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Willingness to answer phone calls/emails after normal business hours on occasion.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.