Location: Denver, CO
Reports to: Cova CEO
Cova’s Sales Manager builds and manages a North American sales team that targets small and medium-sized cannabis retailers (1 to 10 locations). With dominant market share in Canada and steady share gains in the US, taking advantage of new markets and evolving technology needs provides opportunities for further success in the high-growth cannabis retail sector.
Cova has been the fastest-growing software solutions company in the history of the legal cannabis industry and is now the #1 POS in North America. After launching commercially less than 4 years ago, we surpassed over 50 other companies as the industry preference. Through constant product innovation, execution of a clear growth strategy, and high integrity in everything we do, Cova delivers a premium service to its clients.
We design and build products on an open API architecture platform that elevates the dispensary retail experience. Our point-of-sale solution (POS) is purpose-built for cannabis retail and is based on years of experience in high growth/high complexity industries.
The legal marijuana market is on a fast growth trajectory with more new states legalizing every year. 5 more just passed in Nov 2020 and 2 additional states legislatively opted for retail operations in 2021.
Cova operates as a young company which spun out of a solid, well-established 20+ year old software company called iQmetrix. Collectively, our software can be found in over 20,000 stores across North America in several verticals, and we support retailers with one location and others who have thousands. Cova has invested heavily to have the industry-leading platform for enterprises and is technologically ahead of where the industry is heading.
Let's shape the next generation of cannabis retailers together and own it.
Cova is looking for a talented and driven Sales Manager to join our team. Someone with a management background that can create and execute a sales strategy to gain market share in Cova’s targeted markets. You would be responsible for a direct sales team with reports in the US and Canada. Improving and extending our reach across North America’s rapidly developing legal cannabis industry. As we continue to grow faster than any competitor ever has, this role will pick up on the momentum created.
Purpose of Role:
- Manage the Direct Sales Team, Sales Results and Top line Revenue
- Recruit and hire top quality sales personnel that are adept at SaaS sales and maintain a full staff
- Enhance, fortify and conduct Sales Training
- Ensure that the sales organization is of the highest integrity and professionalism, creating a great experience with all prospects and clients who interact with them and Cova.
- Contribute market and competitive information to the Leadership team, including product input and guidance
- Continuous improvement as measured by satisfaction and responsiveness of Cova Sales, Cova Support, and Cova Solutions.
- Software or Technology Sales – understanding of how a software company works and how technology is sold.
- Made a major contribution to their company – demonstrated success through meaningful sales accomplishments.
- Motivation and drive – Career advancement in a competitive industry by outperforming internal peers and outselling competitors.
- Running a multi-state Sales Organization – management of a remote sales force and/or working within a geographically distributed support organization.
- Hiring and Coaching Sales People – proficient at recruitment and managing new hires through ramp-up and quota attainment. Ability to assist and develop sales peoples at all skill levels.
- Utilization of CRM – experience in utilizing and managing a sales organization by tracking activity, communications and effectiveness through monitoring performance.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ Sales related experience
- Experience building and managing a sales team
- Comfortable working with legal cannabis dispensaries
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Proven record of success in a fast-moving environment: execution of complex plans
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Client recommendations
- Travel up to 50% within US and Canada
Salary (range based on experience): $90,000 - $110,000 annual plus variable compensation
What Really Matters:
A lot can be learned or trained, but there are a few things that can’t.
- Strongly self-motivated with a drive to succeed
- Caring about our clients and their customers
- Being able to collaborate with others to ensure that we all succeed together
Want to Join the Team?
If you’re interested in a career with Cova and are committed to striving for success, please submit your resume and cover letter. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, faith, colour, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.