Under the direction of the Manager, this position develops, prepares, and tracks department performance and analyzes data and designs reports to assist management. Plays an important role executing our highest impact initiative to improve the effectiveness of the businesses within the organization. Responsible for identifying new performance opportunities through analytics and other means, and providing recommendations to management. Ensures business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
- Prepares reports to accurately track department performance, including trends and statistics regarding delinquencies, charge-offs, and recoveries. Analyzes data and designs reports to assist management with optimizing operational processes, including pipeline management and quality control review. Displays knowledge of our main products and services offered.
- Ensures data integrity and accuracy, researches data anomalies and problem solves cross functionally to remediate data issues. Refines methodologies and enhances current processes/procedures. Proposes and implements solutions to attain mutually agreed to objectives. Communicates effectively with internal and external partners.
- Assists with implementation of both department and bank initiatives. Demonstrates ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives or projects and to bring forward a reported problem and bring to a successful resolution.
- Ensures compliance with State, Federal and Bank policies and procedures for the collection of debts. Acts as Compliance coordinator for department. Creates and submits for publication changes to department’s and the Bank’s procedures relating to collection efforts.
- Manages professional and non-professional relationships to maximize the value of our business partners. Possesses a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate an automobile. Must be available for inter-island, mainland and international travel. Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years related banking experience preferably in consumer lending or collections with responsibilities focused on technical aspects with management reporting, analysis, and experience determining, defining, tracking, measuring and reporting on metrics.
- Technical Skills: Demonstrated proficiency and expertise with personal computers and Microsoft
- Expertise with pplications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio, and Power Point) or similar software. Able to create and use financial modeling techniques.
- Other Job Qualifications: Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Must be analytical, detail oriented, organized. Possess analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills to identify business and process improvement opportunities and risks, implement procedural change, and establish internal controls. Project management and organizational skills required to execute and complete projects on-time. Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and assignments with varying deadlines. Demonstrated understanding of financial and business analysis, and forecasting and trends analysis. Able to leverage experience determining, defining, tracking, measuring and reporting on metrics. Able to work flexible hours including holidays, weekends and evenings as needed or assigned.
As a Bank of Hawaii employee, you ensure (or assist with ensuring) compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
Delivering exceptional customer experiences is at the heart of what we do at Bank of Hawaii. We listen, understand and deliver what our customers need to help them build a better tomorrow.
We are committed to fully complying in letter and in spirit with all Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We also foster a drug-free work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Honolulu, HI 96813: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Business Analysis: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19