Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, is changing the way the world makes decisions.
Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all.
Over 6,500 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is consistently recognized as a leader in its field by Forrester and Gartner.
Passionate, focused, intellectually curious, goal driven? These are the success attributes for Talend’s Regional Sales Director. Enterprise businesses are rapidly transforming into data-driven businesses and our open source-based Big Data, Master Data Management and Data Services solutions are in demand from companies across all verticals. You will be responsible for driving revenue, within existing and new customers, developing and mentoring high performing Account Execs and working cross-functionally with various stakeholders to drive success.
Talend is a rapidly growing leader in the cloud, data and application integration space. We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are thought leaders in data integration, cloud, and big data, and they represent some of the biggest and best names in retail, financial services, consumer products, and business services.
We are seeking an experienced leader who is recognized for his coaching and management ability and proven record of delivering sales results. A background in selling Data Management, Application Integration, Cloud and subscriptions are a plus.
As the Regional Sales Director, you will:
- Meet quarterly quota targets objectives
- Define and develop account and territory strategies for new and existing customers
- Define and own the regional marketing plans
- Personally engage in deals as executive sponsor, as a difference maker for Account Executives and for prospects
- Deeply engage with internal stakeholders - professional services, finance, marketing, sales ps, and executive teams - on customer/sales proposals, campaigns, programs, customer events, etc.
- Actively manage regional territory and deal flow for both current and next year quota and pipeline targets
- Deliver accurate forecasts on a monthly, quarterly, half, and annual basis
- Identify, hire, mentor, and coach high-performance Account Executives
- Be a key member of Americas leadership team helping develop Americas wide strategy working with SVP and other regional leaders.
Why you will like working at Talend:
- Nothing’s more exciting than working at a dynamic leader, recognized multiple times by leading analyst firms.
- Highly collaborative environment, where every opinion matters
- Our drive to constantly innovate attracts the best and brightest talent
- Opportunity to make a difference, excel personally and professionally and have fun!
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Exceptional character; operating with high integrity
- Passionate about customer success through demonstrated executive relationships, a track record of long-term trusted partnerships, and a willingness to make every wildly successful
- Deep understanding of land and expand subscription/ recurring revenue models and proven success of growth and revenue attainment within that business model – ideally with an ASP > $75K.
- 5+ years senior management experience in software sales with proven year after year quota achievement
- 10+ years’ experience selling complex software into Fortune 500 mid-market companies; ideally with data management or application integrations software
- Proven ability to take a new product to market, execute and deliver on sales goals
- Self-starter, independent, resourceful – driven to action and results
- Extensive customer interaction experience and proven account and territory management experience
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills; verbal and written
- Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment; able to think strategically and execute tactically
- Strong operations skills around forecasting, account management, commission plans and budgeting
- Proven success structuring complex deals with multiple variables; must have strong analytical skills
- Proven success in identifying, building, growing and managing a distributed field sales team
- Strong leader and problem solver with excellent customer facing capabilities to influence and negotiate
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to drive decision-making across multiple organizational functions
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.