We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
The Migration Architect will be a leading member of the Veeva Systems Professional Services group providing migration solutions on project teams implementing Veeva Vault R&D applications and Vault Platform cloud solutions to companies in the life sciences industry.
The Migration Architect will lead customer migration implementations by providing expertise with data and document content migration, Vault API, Vault migration tools, and Vault Platform best practices. The Migration Architect is a customer advocate working closely with other Veeva teams (Services, Product, Sales, Strategy) to ensure customer success today and in the future.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Provide subject matter expertise on the Vault R&D migration implementation, including the migration of document content and object data from legacy systems to Vault
- Advise customers on the extract, transform, and load (ETL) process
- Mentor Veeva Data Migration Specialists on migration activities and best practices
- Contribute to our Professional Services knowledge base to build a migration program
- Provide guidance and subject-matter-expertise on migration tool development for the ETL process
- Assist in project scoping estimates for the Vault R&D product suite
- 3+ years of document/content migration experience with enterprise content management systems (Documentum, OpenText, Box, SharePoint, etc.)
- 3+ years of database migration experience with enterprise software systems (SAP, Salesforce.com, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Trackwise, Argus, ArisGlobal, etc.)
- 3+ years of customer-facing technical consulting experience
- Proven track record meeting with management and executives as the subject matter expert
- Experience leading and mentoring team members
- Experience working with REST APIs, JSON, and XML
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Nice to Have
- Experience in the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry
- Experience with Clinical, Regulatory, Quality, or Safety business processes
- Project Management experience for enterprise software implementations
- Experience with GxP and software validation regulations
- Experience with migration verification process
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.