The responsibilities of shipping clerk job descriptions are defining as follow:
- To ensure accurate shipment of merchandise which includes; tallying outbound shipment by load, creating BOL, ensuring carton counts match the picking list and product is properly loaded to arrive at customer’s DC (distribution center) in good order.
- To ensure quality of the finished orders and maintaining accuracy and integrity of inventory.
- Reporting and tracking department numbers and correcting of errors.
- Confirming all documentation requirements are correctly completed and turned into the Accounting desk.
- Follow procedures and shift schedules to meet deadlines as dictated by volume fluctuations.
- Participating in weekly or bi-weekly meetings to keep the shipping team abreast of shifts in priorities and to keep communication open and continual.
- Activating all new orders that enter the warehouse.
- Creates shipping labels and handling shipping information.
- Work with CS to result problems for customer and freight company about shipping routes, delay items and rush orders.
- Performing administrative duties like answering phones, updating records, and providing excellent customer service.
- Inspecting and loading shipments onto trailers, review all outbound merchandise for errors or complications to protect employer reputation for great customer service.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Maintain all equipment regularly to ensure it operate normally, Report problem to your department manager.
- Communicate status of operation in a timely manner to department manager including any safety and/or process problem.
- Maintain a safety stock of supplies, such as UPS, FedEx, EDI(4X6), UPC(3X1) labels and ribbon. Inform Supervisor or Manager when you need to re-order.
- Conduct annual physical inventories count as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experiences of routing shipment through SPS Commence, create EDI label and submit ASN is required
- Knowledge to process orders accordingly to buyer’s preferred shipping system by USPS, UPS, FedEx and ShipStation.
- Able to create Bill of Ladings
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Forklift: 2 years (Preferred)
- Routing: 3 years (Preferred)
- EDI: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location