Luminator Technology Group (Luminator) delivers globally-recognized technology solutions that increase intelligence, safety, and efficiency for public transit operations.
Delivering a global portfolio of hardware and software solutions through well-known and well-established regional organizations, Luminator is a global company with a small-enterprise approach and commitment to customer success, serving customers in more than 85 countries, and employing nearly 1,000 people.
The Company is seeking a technology savvy Electrical Engineering Manager who will lead a team of electrical and software engineers. This individual will lead technical resources in the design, development, and support of aircraft interior and exterior lighting, camera/sensor, display and searchlight products and systems. This role requires a dynamic leader familiar with all aspects of new product development from the bid phase, through requirements capture, design and development, qualification, certification, factory transition and sustaining support.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes ownership of next generation and existing product/system designs
- Leads team in proposal activities including cost estimates and development schedules
- Coordinate, lead and manage peer reviews, both internal and external PDRs, CDRs and TRRs along with any other required design reviews
- Lead team in the development of verification and validation engineering test plans of the electrical system, leading to successful qualification test programs
- Responsible for the successful execution of electrical aspects of certification and qualification including budget and schedule
- Ensures on-time product development by collaborating with other leaders to estimate reasonable and precise schedules and solve problems quickly
- Streamlines production while meeting compliance and safety guidelines
- Supports small programs as Project Engineer
- Assists with budgeting, resource planning
- Manages engineering teams and other electrical engineering staff members, including setting performance goals and monitoring performance
- Mentors and develops engineer direct reports
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Familiar with certification of products for commercial aircraft and helicopters
- Familiar with FAA Part 23, 25, 27, 29 FAR’s
- Familiar with DO-160, DO-178 and DO-254
- Familiar with electro-mechanical control systems
- Working knowledge of display and camera systems
- Familiar with LED aircraft lighting systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills (root cause analysis experience)
- Demonstrated broad-based technical competency
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of management experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physically required to regularly walk, sit, bend, twist, stand and reach in a normal office environment.
- Constantly required to stand, walk, bend, twist, overhead lift and reach in a varied field environment.
- The employee may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to perform constant work on computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job are close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
Luminator Technology Group intends to provide a safe and drug-free work environment for our customers and our employees, as a condition of employment Luminator Technology Group will require a negative drug screen as part pre-employment process due to working on or with federal contracts
It is the policy of Luminator to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Luminator prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
The above described responsibilities and requirements are a general guide for the role you are applying for and are not all inclusive of the job requirements.
Luminator Technology Group does not accept staffing agency candidates for our postings.
All positions posted are required to be in office unless otherwise posted.