Shane Co. is now offering sign-on bonuses! Come join our remarkable team and we will pay YOU $500! Find out eligibility requirements from our Recruiting team.
The Sales Manager is the driver of top line sales and is directly responsible for the supervision and direction of the sales staff. The Sales Manager acts as a member of the store leadership team. With others in the store leadership team, the Sales Manager has influence on and responsibility for all aspects of the sales, customer and employee experience.
- Maximize sales growth potential by ensuring all customers’ needs are met and by proper use of Floor Direction, peer to peer coaching and teamwork.
- Train and develop sales staff to perfect and utilize all Shane Co. sales techniques and resources.
- Responsible for coaching, counseling, mentoring and development of sales staff. This includes preparing for and delivering touch base meetings and performance appraisals, as well as making compensation proposals to the Store Manager.
- With store management team, participates in the recruiting, hiring, developing and retention of highly qualified individuals.
- Perform all duties related to opening or closing the store as part of the management team assignments.
- Consult and communicate with appropriate Company personnel regarding any store issues, opportunities or concerns and follow up as necessary.
- Assure that customer data is appropriately gathered and recorded in the Customer Service Center (CSC).
- Assure execution of activities related to driving customer visits to the store through clienteling.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings of the store management team
- Attend, participate in or lead meetings with the sales team
- Communicate any opportunities for maximizing service, merchandise selection or other sales opportunities through the appropriate channels in the store and Company.
- Assist with maintaining accurate inventory of all merchandise and ensuring merchandise security.
The focus of this role is working with and through others, building and maintaining relationships. Leads through example, championing Company culture and values, demonstrating personal character, commitment, organizational skills, selling skills and work habits.
The primary environment for this role is a climate controlled store environment with natural light and carpeted flooring in most work spaces. Standing and walking are required a significant portion of the time. Manual dexterity and visual acuity are required at a very high level and with high frequency. Travel is required <5% of the time
- Direct knowledge of selling techniques and practices and demonstrated skill in that area.
- Prior experience supervising others.
- Experience with providing a high level of customer service.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent is preferred but not required. A High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have weekend and evening availability.
Why Work for Shane Co.?
Shane Co. is a family owned business and everyone who works in our organization is part of the family. This family point of view is exactly why we want to take care of you AND your family.
As a leader in the jewelry industry for four generations and as the largest family-owned jeweler in the U.S., Shane Co. serves our customers with an unparalleled standard of excellence. Our associates get to share in our customers' milestone moments such as weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, and everything in between.
- We want driven and competitive people who help us satisfy our customers’ needs. In our stores, we do not sell on commission, we offer a competitive base rate and we bonus based on team performance.
- We focus on providing you a time off package that is very generous for the retail! It is important for us to be available when our customers need us, and since eCommerce is “open” 24/7, our store employees do work weekends and evenings. However, you accrue 3 weeks of vacation in your first year! In addition, you also earn 6 sick days per year. We are closed on 7 holidays (unlike most retailers), AND we pay you for one volunteer day per year! The longer you work with us, the more vacation time you earn.
- Unlike other companies who just offer low paying disability insurance to cover your major illness situations, we offer the ability to earn time off at FULL pay for the care of yourself or a family member! When your family needs you, we want you to be able to be there for them.
- We offer very competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as a 401 (k) plan with a company match, company paid life insurance, and flexible spending accounts for medical, daycare or mass transit commuting expense. We also offer a number of discounted voluntary benefits including long-term disability, life insurance for your dependents, pet insurance and even things like discounted travel and movie tickets!
- We have benefits focused on you AND any family member (Partner, children and even your parents!) including counseling, legal advice, assistance in finding appropriate medical specialists and even help in understanding medical bills!
- And, of course, we offer a generous discount in our stores or online for you AND your family members!
How We're Keeping You Safe
At Shane Co., we take the health of both our employees and customers very seriously. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve gone above and beyond to implement new health and safety measures in all of our stores and offices. This includes:
✓Installed Microbial Reduction System That Removes Viruses & Bacteria from Air & Surfaces
✓Masks Available for Customers if Requested
✓Enhanced Cleaning Measures
✓Readily Available Hand Sanitizer