MW Polar Foods was founded in 1976, we are one of the largest importer and distributor of premium quality grocery packaged goods & general merchandise products. Our Headquarter is located in Cerritos/Norwalk, CA, and we have 6 Distribution Centers strategically located throughout the continental U.S. servicing various retail channels across the U.S. and South/Central America.
MW Polar is currently looking for a Business Analyst / Management Trainee to join our team to assist in the sales and marketing of existing and new business development. Some of our customers include Walmart, Costco, Rite Aid, Albertsons, Ralphs, Smart & Final, SuperValu, Big Lots, Meijer, HEB and many more.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain existing business and develop potential new business by managing all internal aspects of customer accounts & coordinating with customers, broker partners, sales team, operations and procurement teams.
- Manage & support regional sales/brokers for upcoming sales meeting planning and preparations. Prepare meeting materials & work on pricing strategies.
- Analyze sales performance for assigned accounts/regions, such as P&L analysis, business forecasting, sales budgeting, and etc.
- Assist in sales and promotional activities planning utilizing store print Ads, TPR, store displays, social media and etc.
- Perform market research against the competition to ensure our pricing strategies are competitive while profitable.
- Inventory control/management for assigned regional distribution centers.
- Assist in order processing and other operations activities as assigned.
- Domestic / international travel opportunities, participate in trade shows and overseas factory audits.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in servicing wholesale/retail customers highly preferred.
- Ability to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong follow-up and time management skills with great attention to details
- Excellent computer skill with a very strong command of Microsoft Excel (vlookup, pivot table, etc).
- This position requires an individual who is self-directed and detail-oriented with an inquisitive nature and the desire to solve problems
- A strong work ethic with a positive "can-do" attitude and one who takes pride in the quality of their work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- 100% Polar-paid Medical Insurance for the employee with employee’s choice of HMO or PPO coverage
- 401(K) Program: Company matches 100% up to 5% of employee's contributions
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave: Full-time employees are currently entitled to 10 working days (or 80 hours) of vacation time and 5 working days (or 40 hours) for each year of active service. Company will pay via cash on December 15th each year for any unused vacation and sick leave from the previous calendar year
- Annual Bonus Program, subject to company profitability and employee performance evaluation
- Continuing Education and Tuition Assistance program
- Holiday Pay
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Company car
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Travel reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Mandarin (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- One location