Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect people, products and places. Brady's products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels, signs, safety devices, printing systems and software. Founded in 1914, the Company has a diverse customer base in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, medical, aerospace and a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and as of July 31, 2020, employed approximately 5,400 people in its worldwide businesses. Brady's fiscal 2020 sales were approximately $1.08 billion. Brady stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BRC. More information is available on the Internet at www.bradycorp.com.
Position Summary: Responsible for developing new accounts, primarily large accounts, while growing the business within existing accounts, focusing on high profile organizations. Must have the ability to manage multiple channels of key distribution. The most successful candidate will possess the ability to analyze customer requirements and promote company products to meet those requirements. Advise customers on product applications, proposed application solutions, and new product introductions. This will require the knowledge of all Brady Americas products Safety and Industrial. The individual will be responsible to meet sales goals and objectives, motivate, train and perform joint calls with distribution, form consultative relationships with customers while providing facility solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service existing select accounts, while closing new business through opportunity pipeline.
- Develop target accounts into long term customers.
- Use sales skills to cross sell all Brady products/services into each of our accounts.
- Train and motivate distribution partners on the Brady products, and how to prospect for future opportunities.
- Develop relationships with distributor partners that can be leveraged to increase sales volume.
- Serve as mentor during sales councils from time to time in order to share views and ideas.
- Advise Regional Sales Manager of significant competitive actions, evaluation of market conditions and estimates of sales potential.
- Forecast and report incoming business activity, and expenses on a monthly and annual basis.
- Meet or exceed 100% of established sales goals.
- Perform customer site walkthroughs while acting as safety and industrial product expert.
- Work in conjunction with sales support, customer service, and inside sales to service customers needs.
- Plan all sales activities and log related opportunities into Salesforce.com
- Perform software presentations and data integration
- Identify, track, and report out on regional market information, end-users, distributors, and competitors
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of 2 years of sales experience
- In lieu of education, 5 years prior experience selling for an industrial manufacturer or industrial distributor.
- Ability to travel overnight up to 40%-50% of the month in regional territory.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to outline and present technical information to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to perform product and software demonstration to a wide variety of audiences
- Analytical skills to manage complex selling solutions
- Ability to present value added enhancements to customers' process
- Understanding of a wide range of work-in-process applications
- Pragmatic approach to continuous and process improvement
- Ability to develop short and long-term business plans and goals for assigned territory
- Collaborative personality, able to work with variety of internal and external resources to deliver customer value
- Excellent understanding of the OEM industry
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience using Salesforce.com.
- Prior experience selling for an industrial manufacturer or industrial distributor.