At Merits, we understand the challenges a staircase can present and we are passionate about helping people maintain their freedom and independence in the home they love.
Our Pilot Division is seeking a National Sales Manager that shares this passion. We designed the Pilot range of stairlifts to provide a stylish, elegant yet affordable solution without comprising on safety. In fact, we consider safety a standard feature at Pilot, not an optional extra. At Merits Health Products, our Sales Managers act as ambassadors and are responsible for establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers. Building trust and providing support to prospects, ensuring they lead to potential future sales. They champion the company by focusing, coordinating, organizing, and directing sales efforts to build product demand through the development of effective relationships and bringing value to every sales call, to advance the company’s vision, culture, values and work environment. The Pilot National Sales Manager is directly responsible for increasing the sales of Pilot Accessibility offerings. The NSM works nationally to develop their customer knowledge of Pilot accessibility, targeting key/focus accounts, developing opportunities, and exceeding budgeted sales goals.
- Coordinate with Regional Sales Directors to establish Pilot’s annual and monthly sales objectives for Territory Sales managers and independent reps.
- Co travel with each Regional Sales Director, Territory Sales Manager, and independent rep on a quarterly basis to observe, train and coach.
- Educate customers on value proposition and benefits of the product.
- Plan, schedule and conduct training for Territory Sales Managers and Independent reps.
- Weekly call report to be provided to management team to evaluate and provide feedback on sales activities
- Keep current on new product information and the development of new products
- Keep current on industry standards and trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies
- Keep abreast of state regulations as they relate accessibility installation requirements.
- Maintain relationships with Pilot key accounts: Dealers, Distributors and wholesalers through phone and e-mail on a regular basis.
- Works overtime as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree
- 3 to 5 years minimum industry and management experience in home accessibility products
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong negotiating skills and capacity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong written and oral communication and customer service skills
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
Key Characteristics being sought:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Willing to work independently
- Always team focused
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Duties are performed in an office and field environment
- Contact with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
- Must travel extensively by car; sit for long periods of time; may encounter adverse weather and/or road conditions; requires 50% overnight travel.
$60,000 base plus sales commisson
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Work Location: On the road