As a Managed Services Business Sales & Delivery Executive, you will support IBM’s consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM’s top technologies. If you’re ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as Cloud, IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Managed Services Business Development Executive will be responsible for the qualification, progression and closing of new Global Business Services (GBS) application services business in North America. IBM is hiring candidates with industry expertise and/or offering based expertise in EA cloud.
Having experience across traditional and newer “as a service” models is critical for this role. You will work closely with our clients and in cooperation with other IBM sellers and business partners. Candidates should have experience in consultative selling, building client relationships, leading sales efforts, leading meetings and delivering presentations. The candidate must be able to “whiteboard” and consult with a client to determine areas of opportunity across our portfolio of services. The Managed Services Business Development Executive is expected to perform a variety of tasks, and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Role responsibilities include:
- Developing an extensive portfolio of strategic services opportunities
- Building and maintaining extensive executive and senior management relationships in client organizations
- Working collaboratively with other IBM units, partners and external consultants as appropriate
- Responsibility for the ongoing qualification of opportunities and make informed recommendations
- Owning the opportunity until formal engagement, facilitating the transition to the assigned engagement team, and stay involved after the engagement
- Establish client credibility via deep industry, Managed Services and consulting expertise
- Identify trends and business opportunities by researching industry related events and publications, social networking, and other sources
- Work with client to co-create new business models and IT value
- Generate client value proposition, gain client consensus and drive opportunities
- Lead and / or participate in client-facing sales meetings and own the Managed Services sales responsibilities for the meeting
- Provide subject-matter-expertise related to our Managed Services application offerings
- Develop compelling Managed Services and Development strategies, roadmaps and solutions in response to client needs and request for proposal
- Develop and deliver client facing sales presentations at the CIO and Executive Suite level
- Develop compelling, written responses to clients’ request for services or proposals
- Work with the Industry teams to build contracts and statements of work to help close the signings of the opportunity
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven track record in managing, developing, and closing complex, multi-year, $10M+ deals
- In-depth knowledge of the local market, key competitors, and potential partners' offerings
- Experience in developing and executing a winning sales strategy
- Extensive network within the business, advisory and competitive community
- Business Development and Client Management experience (IT Infrastructure Services)
- Strong leadership skills
- Thorough understanding of Managed Services and proven ability to present to CxO level executives
- Experience selling Hybrid Cloud Management services that include: containerization of applications, experience with hyperscalers such as AWS, Azure, IBM cloud, and/or experience with Red Hat Open Shift 15+ years' experience in Information Technology services across industries
- 5+ years' experience in managing ISV alliances, sales and business development
- 3+ years' experience in major public cloud platform/products/services
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.