Your growth is our priority. Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters Health System (CHKD) is the comprehensive pediatric health system serving the needs of families throughout southeastern Virginia, northeastern North Carolina, and beyond.
More than a hospital. We operate a 206-bed freestanding children’s hospital with the region’s only Level I pediatric trauma center along with 45 locations that provide primary care, specialty care, outpatient surgery, urgent care, and support services. Our pediatric mental health facility opening in 2022, will expand on the critical mental health programs that we currently provide. Our team is made up of more than 3,500 employees who are the best-of-the-best in their fields and fulfill our mission to bring state-of-the-art compassionate care to every family who needs us.
We are seeking a compassionate, professional, and organized Manager of Construction Project Management. to oversee the day-to-day administration of the Construction Project Management team! A high level of independence in the performance of the role and/or solution of problems is expected, however, demonstrated cooperation and collaboration is equally essential for successful functioning. Utilize your healthcare construction experience in this pivitol role!
The Manager of Construction Project Management manages and oversees assigned construction activities, programs, and projects for Planning and Construction. Responsible for direct oversight of construction projects and ensures projects are completed on schedule in a high quality, cost-effective manner in accordance with the CHKDHS vision and mission. Reports to the Director of Facility Planning and Construction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages assigned construction activities, programs, and projects for Planning and Construction.
- Oversees the work of assigned Sr. Construction Project Managers.
- Coordinates assigned projects in collaboration with affected departments, contractors and other supporting vendors.
- Ensures all project-related documentation is in place and meets appropriate healthcare regulatory, safety and infection control standards.
- Tracks and reports project cost, schedules and status along with recommendations to keep projects on time and on budget.
- Participates in routine and final inspections with inspectors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements: **
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 15 or more years of project planning, budgeting and healthcare construction project management required.
- Broad knowledge of trade skills required.
- CAD experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate difficult messages in a tactful manner.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office software necessary.
- Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license and be able to meet the insurance requirements of the hospital.
Location: Childrens Hospital of The Kings Daughters · Facility Planning Construction
Schedule: Full-Time, Days/Evenings
Apply directly using this link: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/kingsdaughters/#/job/19935
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $98,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year