- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in account management, partnerships, and/or business development.
- Master's degree or MBA.
- Experience in brand/retail category management, retail sales, gift card segment, and/or digital content.
- Experience with the gaming industry or mobile gaming.
- Proven record of developing successful client relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
Google Play is a mobile gaming platform, offering many Android apps, games, movies, and more to users in several markets. As part of Google Play, the Retail and Payments Activation team is critical to business growth by enabling users to pay on Google Play through Google Play gift cards, offered across many countries. You will be part of a unique team at Google that focuses on delivering a flawless physical and digital product at global scale, helping consumers have an easy, flexible way to pay for the in-game items and content they love.
As a Retail Partner Manager, you will work with U.S. retailers and our distribution partners to continue to build the Google Play gift card business. You will work not just with these external partners, but also across the Google Play cross-functional teams. As such, you’re comfortable with balancing multiple priorities, discussing, developing and executing marketing plans, working with internal and external partners, and analyzing data to inform strategic decisions.
Google Play offers music, movies, books, apps and games for devices, powered by the cloud. It syncs across devices and on the web. As part of the Android and Mobile team, Googlers working on Google Play do everything from engineering our backend systems, to shaping product strategy, to forming great content partnerships. They make it possible for people to do things like buy an ebook or song on their Android phone, then have it instantly available on their laptop. The Google Play team enhances the Android ecosystem by giving developers and partners a premium store where they can reach millions of users.
- Manage growth via gift card sales in third-party retail channels including physical and digital retailers.
- Analyze data across merchants, products, promotions, and other variables to optimize performance.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and cost-effective supply of gift card inventory to retail.
- Manage the creation and development of in-store marketing assets.
- Manage integrator/service provider relationships to distribute gift cards and develop strategic relationships with physical and digital retailers to grow the gift card business.