The Director of Sales for Animal Health Market has the overall responsibility for ensuring the development and successful delivery of departmental objectives. The incumbent ensures that strategic and business objectives for the Animal Health Market is met by the sales team; implements initiatives to grow and develop revenue through new business sales, oversees sales activities and assures a high-level of customer service.
- Directs sales development activities and coordinates sales distribution in the Animal Health Market by establishing territories, quotas, and goals. Guides the growth of sales revenue to meet and exceed annual sales targets, while managing sales budget.
- Manages the identification, prioritization and winning of new customer relationships, as well as the retention and growth of our current clients; and supports the consistent execution of company sales initiatives.
- Oversees and manages sales performance, holds sales professionals accountable to the required level of sales activity and client relationships to ensure the achievement of business performance targets and standards.
- Manages support tools, including CRM, sales pipelines, and account assignments; training programs; productivity initiatives; account and territory planning methodologies and customer communication tools.
- Attracts, recruits, hires, develops, motivates, and retains high-impact sales staff capable of meeting/exceeding sales quotas. Monitor’s performance and acts, as necessary, to ensure timely resolution of performance and personnel issues.
- Spends time with sales professionals on sales calls and provides coaching and training as necessary to enhance their sales effectiveness.
- Leads sales forecasting of annual, quarterly and monthly sales goals ensuring realistic and achievable projections. Establishes individual and team performance targets that align with overall business goals.
- Evaluates, investigates and settles sales matters, questions, concerns and complaints by engaging key stakeholders and ensuring timely responses and resolutions.
- Participates in strategic planning and collaborative work across departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated ability to build long-term and sustainable relationships and business partnerships with clients at all level of the Animal Health Market.
- Proven history of superior sales results and sales management aptitude in Animal Heath Distribution Market.
- High business acumen and insight into the Animal Health Industry and Wholesale Pharmaceutical Distribution.
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess a high-level of integrity and strong work ethic with the flexibility and tenacity to thrive in entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional customer/client focus with a commitment to first class customer service; energized initiative; excellent technical capacity and performance management knowledge and skills.
- Highly analytical; metric and data driven proficiencies.
- Demonstrated leadership, client management and project management skills.
- Resourceful, self-directed, team player who demonstrates sound business judgment.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related fields. Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of Distribution Animal Health Sales Experience
- 10+ years of experience working in sales, marketing, market research, business development, and or sales forecasting, in the pharmaceutical/bio-pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution industry
- At least 5 years of management experience with complex pharmaceutical sales
- Full-cycle Sales experience including leading the entire Sales funnel – from marketing to lead to close.
Must have excellent communication skills in English including oral and written. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions written in English. Ability to effectively present information in English during a one-on one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations, while maintaining a professional and composed demeanor.
Experience with a CRM and MS Office system is a must.
Excellent computer skills required.
This position manages the sales team member and is expected to serve as a coach and mentor to ensure employee development and success.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Must be able to pick up items weighing less than 15 lbs. (phone, office supplies).
This position does have travel requirement. Due to COVID-19 all non-essential business travel has been suspended. Travel will only be permitted when it is approved by an Executive Team Member.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Miami, FL 33130: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
- One location