As a leader in the jewelry industry for four generations and as the largest family-owned jeweler in the U.S., Shane Co. serves our customers with an unparalleled standard of excellence. Our people get to share in our customers’ milestone moments such as weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, and everything in between. We are looking for passionate, fun, vibrant individuals who want to be a part of our dynamic company culture in a retail environment.
Our goal for you is to give you an employment experience like no other so you wake up and want to come to work every day! And as a member of the leadership team, we will count on you to give an amazing experience to both our customers and our team members! If you love being part of a team as well as providing personal attention to every customer, this is the place for you!
Shane Co. is now offering sign-on bonuses! Come join our remarkable team and we will pay YOU $500! Find out eligibility requirements from our Recruiting team.
- Responsibility for coaching, counseling, mentoring and development of sales staff. This includes preparing for and delivering performance touch-base meetings and performance appraisals.
- Maximize sales growth potential by ensuring all customers’ needs are met by proper use of Floor Direction, peer to peer coaching and listening, teamwork, enriching of the invoice, proper and consistent usage of our layaway program and Shane Co Credit Card program, and usage of our channel agnostic methods/tools of selling.
- Train and develop sales staff to perfect and utilize all Shane Co. sales techniques and resources.
- As a member of the store’s leadership team, participates in the recruiting, hiring, development and retention of highly qualified individuals for the store team.
- Attending and participating in all scheduled meetings of the store management team and sales team.
- Communicating any opportunities for maximizing service, merchandise selection or other sales opportunities through the appropriate channels in the store and Company.
- Assisting with maintenance of accurate inventory of all merchandise and ensuring merchandise security.
- Perform all duties related to opening or closing the store as part of the management team assignments.
- Must have evening and weekend availability.
- Direct knowledge of selling techniques and practices and demonstrated skill in that area. A minimum of 1 year of sales or other customer-facing experience is required.
- Prior experience managing, leading, or supervising others of at least two years is required and more is preferred.
- Experience with providing a high level of customer service. Retail sales or hospitality industry experience preferred with the ability to present features and benefits of unique products. Prior experience with jewelry sales is not required… we will teach you!
- Genuine enjoyment working with people and a demonstrated ability to influence others in a trusting and cooperative manner.
- Great listener…we need you to listen to each employee’s and each customer’s needs.
- A high level of visual acuity and manual dexterity are required for detail-intensive work.
Why Work for Shane Co.?:
- We want driven and competitive people who help us satisfy our customers’ needs. In our stores, we do not sell on commission, we offer a competitive base rate and we bonus based on team performance.
- We focus on providing you a time off package that is very generous for the retail! It is important for us to be available when our customers need us, and since eCommerce is “open” 24/7, our store employees do work weekends and evenings. However, you accrue 3 weeks of vacation in your first year! In addition, you also earn 6 sick days per year. We are closed on 7 holidays (unlike most retailers), AND we pay you for one volunteer day per year! The longer you work with us, the more vacation time you earn.
- Unlike other companies who just offer low paying disability insurance to cover your major illness situations, we offer the ability to earn time off at FULL pay for the care of yourself or a family member! When your family needs you, we want you to be able to be there for them.
- We offer very competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as a 401 (k) plan with a company match, company paid life insurance, and flexible spending accounts for medical, daycare or mass transit commuting expense. We also offer a number of discounted voluntary benefits including long-term disability, life insurance for your dependents, pet insurance and even things like discounted travel and movie tickets!
- We have benefits focused on you AND any family member (Partner, children and even your parents!) including counseling, legal advice, assistance in finding appropriate medical specialists and even help in understanding medical bills!
- And, of course, we offer a generous discount in our stores or online for you AND your family members!
How We're Keeping You Safe:
Employer will not sponsor visa or work authorization.