The Director of Sales and Marketing manages the Beaumont Laboratory sales and support staff in the acquisition and retention of customers of the reference laboratory. Prepares business plans for the increase in service levels for customers and the addition of draw sites, creates marketing literature, and serves as a liaison to Operations and IT for projects with high impact to customers. Works closely with the Outreach Operations Director along with other laboratory operations staff, sales/marketing staff and client staff to ensure the highest levels of quality service to clients while optimizing financial gains to the laboratory.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Beaumont laboratory sales and marketing
- Directing sales force in the acquisition and retention of Beaumont Laboratory customers. Communicates and develops professional relationships with physician clients. Attends meetings with at risk clients and develops strategy for retention. Attend meetings to acquire new customers for Beaumont Laboratory. Trains and monitors sales team regarding compliance issues. Direct Sales support personnel in the changes to the database, definition of new accounts, projects related to process and service improvement, and optimizing revenue potential
- Develop and distribute Marketing literature. Collaborate with Clinical and Anatomic Pathology to assess new test launches and the promotion of existing procedures.
- Strong communication skills to work with internal customers including Professional (Pathologists and Medical Technologists) and operational support staff to problem solve client issues. Function as a liaison for the Sales and Marketing department between IT and Operations. Participate in large projects to further the services and capabilities of Beaumont Laboratory for the customer.
- Approve commissions and maintain compensation plan for representatives which are in line with the laboratories’ financial performance.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
KEY LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Builds Trust
- Creates and Communicates Clarity
- Works Collaboratively and Fosters Teamwork
- Builds a Cohesive Team
- Utilizes Strategic Judgment
- Cultivates a Service-Oriented Culture
- Creates and Communicates Vision and Strategy
- Leads Change and Innovation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Work Experience:
- Previous sales and management experience required.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- A valid Michigan Driver’s License that meets the Beaumont policy.
- Other Qualifications:
- Laboratory or medical sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the laboratory industry and strong medical terminology.
- Strong PC software knowledge to include, Word, Excel, and Outlook. Position requires a self-directed, highly motivated individual with exceptional communication skills.
Location: Beaumont Health · Lab BRL Sales & Marketing RO
Schedule: Full time, Days, 8-4:30 M-F