FuturePlan is the nation’s largest third-party administrator (TPA) of retirement plans, partnering with advisors in all 50 states. FuturePlan delivers the best of both worlds: high-touch personalized service from local TPAs backed by the strength and security of a large national firm, Ascensus. Our roots go back decades, with nearly 30 outstanding legacy firms now joined together to deliver unmatched levels of service, innovation and expertise to a fast-growing client base from coast to coast. The FuturePlan team includes more than 500 credentialed plan professionals, 60 actuaries, and one of the industry’s largest in-house ERISA teams. Learn more at FuturePlan.com.
The Vice President, Sales Consultant’s primary responsibility is to facilitate the growth of new relationships and business for FuturePlan. This professional will drive sales with financial professionals and strategic alliance platforms to meet assigned sales goals. Includes directly coordinating sales activities for key Plan Sponsor relationships, actively working with (FuturePlan by Ascensus) Internal and External Sales Consultants to drive sales and marketing.
Candidate MUST live in CA and have current network of Financial Advisors in San Francisco market.
- Strong, in-depth ERISA and plan design knowledge
- Ability to discuss industry trends with Financial Advisors
- Ability to learn multiple platform/product solutions; assist Financial Advisors with a “needs analysis” to ensure the appropriate solution
- Strong knowledge of key competitors with the ability to highlight our competitive advantages
- Establish and maintain productive, working relationships with Financial Advisors with the goal of earning their retirement plan business
- Coordinate wholesaling efforts with Ascensus Internal Sales to maximize coverage and effectiveness
- Remain current on industry, technical and product knowledge. Complete management reports, expense reports and other special tasks as requested.
- Ability to discuss Fiduciary Solutions, including various mutual fund share classes and impact on plan/cost
- Ability to discuss in detail operating expenses of investment products, impact of certain share classes on overall “cost” of services to Financial Advisors and Employers
- Assist existing employers and Financial Advisors in the retention of current business (as needed)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong working relationships with DCIO firms in region to promote our solutions to Financial Advisors
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the retirement plan industry or 3-5 years’ experience in a business development role in the retirement plan industry.
- Proven successful sales experience of retirement administrative services; current network of Financial Advisors in San Francisco market required.
- Overnight travel is required
- Superior time management skills required
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, unsupervised environment
- Proficient in PC, CRM and web applications.
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity—housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.®
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.