With customers in over 100 countries served by more than 50,000 employees, TK Elevator achieved sales of around €8 billion in the fiscal year 2018/2019. Over 1,000 locations around the world provide an extensive network that guarantees closeness to customers. After building its position as one of the world’s leading elevator companies in a mere 40 years’ time, TK Elevator became an independent company in August 2020. The company’s most important business line is its service business, with approximately 1.4 million units under maintenance and over 24,000 service technicians globally. The product portfolio covers commodity elevators for residential and commercial buildings to cutting-edge, highly customized solutions for state-of-the-art skyscrapers – such as One World Trade Center in New York. In addition, it also consists of escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts, as well as tailored service solutions such as MAX, the industry’s first cloud-based digitally enhanced maintenance solution – thus covering a broad spectrum of urban mobility.
Who we are
What we expect
The first 3 letters in workplace safety are Y-O-U!
TK Elevator is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager - New Installation in Atlanta, GA.
Responsible for successfully managing all aspects of work involving the purchasing, scheduling and delivery of materials required for the installation of new equipment so that the jobs are completed in a timely, productive and cost efficient manner.
- Receives job package for traction elevators after receipt of contract, and prepares and assembles job file, releasing jo to national coordination for layout preparation.
- Maintains job file to include data pertaining to the job; maintains computer database, recording all activity that applies to the job, including current job status and all correspondence and future actions required; closes job file after final acceptance.
- Reviews job specifications, building drawings and sales abstracts for completeness; determines additional requirements, issues purchase orders, ensures delivery and coordinates change orders affecting contract price.
- Reviews and documents all problem jobs looking for discrepancies between OSHPD approvals and the drawings furnished by the factory.
- For jobs of more than $250,000, compares spec to abstract to insure that manufactured product is in compliance and creates variation report on any job having discrepancies, noting the issues, costs and delivery impact.
- Reviews specifications versus company pricing prior to the bidding on any project greater than $250,000; provides a list of errors or omissions to the sales representative.
- Follows up with general contractors on job schedules, delays on published schedules, approved delays, executed contract delays and change order approval delays; participates in on-site coordination and construction meetings; schedules jobs for adjusting and testing.
- Obtains all city permits and plan checks, and DSA and OSHPD approvals; reviews and prioritizes OSHPD jobs.
- Acts as point of contact for National Coordination; ensures that coordination and construction meetings are held on a weekly basis and that branch personnel are prepared.
- Maintains schedule board for construction jobs and prepares superintendent letters for distribution.
- Maintains awareness of construction progress through communication with customers, sales representatives and construction managers; coordinates follow-ups and delivery dates using written and oral communications; communicates with customers in all areas of approvals, fabrications and delivery.
- Reviews weekly contract status report, reflecting the status of contracts and assigned job numbers.
- Enters and updates material in computer and NES programs; enters release of equipment in the NES system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in elevator/construction industry.
- Thorough knowledge of elevator equipment and the construction industry; knowledge of installation procedures.
- Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.