Check us out to see why this could be the best career move you ever make.
The Commercial Lending Relationship Manager develops and manages relationships with commercial clients in assigned business segments and/or geographic areas. Presents a variety of product solutions to meet client needs. Provides responsive, quality service. Approves transactions within delegated authority. Manages overall relationship profitability and portfolio risk.
- Prepares a relationship plan and calling schedule for each client or prospective client in conjunction with strategic business development program. Identifies business opportunities by learning prospect’s business, company or industry and their needs.
- Calls on existing or prospective clients. Discusses and promotes all Bank products and services to establish total client Bank relationships and makes appropriate referrals. Brings in product specialists, as necessary, to help problem solve or structure a transaction.
- Negotiates transactions, prices products within targeted rate of return, documents and closes transactions. Exercises sound credit and risk judgment in approving transactions. Recommends approval when transaction size exceeds authority limits. Ensures quality of all Bank business.
- Interfaces with other Bank units, as necessary. Defines responsibilities and coordinates objectives for all product areas in a relationship or transaction. Resolves all client needs and any internal issues.
- Monitors and analyzes relationship plan results and account activities. Determines client profitability. Makes recommendations regarding accounts to be further developed or eliminated. Prepares various reports for management.
- Monitors portfolio for quality, risk, and adherence to policy. Works with appropriate staff to resolve issues.
- Maintains an awareness of competitive products, practices, rates, and changes in market areas.
- Analyzes problem credits and meets with clients to develop solutions to minimize lost exposure.
- Serves as a product specialist and a technical consultant to clients in various business segments and geographic locations. Develops and conducts client and employee training sessions and informal updates.
- Provides individual personal banking services to clients.
- Participates in civic and community affairs as appropriate.
- Maintains a current understanding of Bank policies and procedures in compliance with all federal and state laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (SARs, CIP, OFAC), Information Security (GLBA), Identity Theft Red Flags, Financial Elder Abuse Reporting, and any other applicable regulations that may be specific to your job duties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school diploma or GED required, undergraduate degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of increasingly responsible positions in commercial lending.
- Exceptional knowledge of commercial credit policies and procedures.
- Advanced credit analysis and accounting skills.
- Proven track record of success in a sales environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize personal computers and Windows driven programs.
Established in 1975, Tri Counties Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TriCo Bancshares (NASDAQ:TCBK) headquartered in Chico, California, providing a unique brand of customer Service with Solutions available in traditional stand-alone and in-store bank branches in communities throughout Northern and Central California.
The Bank provides an extensive and competitive breadth of consumer, small business and commercial banking financial services, along with convenient around-the-clock ATM, online and mobile banking access.
Tri Counties Bank has remained strong and profitable through a top-down commitment to its core values, sound business principles and responsible lending practices.
Our success is also based on our involvement in the communities we serve. The personal touch comes naturally to Tri Counties Bankers. You may recognize us at business, school and non-profit events, baseball games and local eateries, skiing in the mountains, boating on the lakes, and fishing the local streams or attending an event in The City or on the peninsula.