Solutions Engineer (Pre-Sales)
Location: Candidate needs to be willing to live in the NYC or Philadelphia area. Need to be within 1 hour of a major airport.
Salary: Base salary, bonus, and equity.
Role Details: In the sales cycle the Solutions Engineer is brought in early by the Sales Executive. They will handle all technical aspects of the sale and shepherd the deal to close. The audience will be from the C-Suite down to the field level security guard and all in between. They will be aligned with certain Sales Executives but more so geographically. They will have to be comfortable across different industries. Sales process can take months or weeks. Demos, pilots, integration with other existing technology (like a situational awareness camera system "SOC") - this person needs to be savvy enough to guide the discussions and craft a solution that will sell - and can be delivered.
Company Info: This company is based in MA. They are looking to double the number of employees they have and then double again in the next two years. Two of their largest investors are Jeb Bush and Bill Gates. They went public in July. They are signing on large high-profile clients like Disney, NE Patriots, Manchester United Football Club, Chicago Cubs, 6 Flags, etc.
Description: We are looking for a dynamic and energetic solutions engineer to help us develop, pilot, and launch our products to ensure they are exceeding the needs of the market and demands of our customers. As a key interface between customers and our engineering and sales teams, and often the onsite lead, our solutions engineers play a critical role in ensuring that our products are successful. As an expert in all aspects of our current and emerging products, you will be responsible for transitioning products from development to deployment, supporting launch activities, providing expertise in product applications, defining customer solutions, and gathering feedback. You will work collaboratively with the rest of the company to provide support for pilots, trials, trade shows and events, early installations, and deployments, collecting data and providing critical feedback to our engineering and product managers. As a mission-driven company, we are looking for a representative who shares our passion for making a real difference in society – saving lives and increasing quality of life wherever people gather.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with sales to pilot, showcase and demonstrate products
- Leading and/or coordinating onsite customer and product activities
- Training and presenting to customers, partners, and others regarding the capabilities and applications of our products
- Defining product-based solutions to meet the needs of the market and demands of the customer
- Managing customer relationships, supporting customer applications- and/or product-based resolutions
- Working with product management, engineering, and others to launch new products and develop concepts of operations
- Providing critical feedback to product management, engineering and others through written reports, presentations, and other forms of communications
- Writing initial field-based procedures
Experience in a customer facing technical role including applications, solutions, or sales support, and enjoy building long-lasting relationships with customers. You have strong customer relationship skills, which enable you to understand customers’ needs and objectives and translate them into product-based solutions. You have a strong technical background, with the ability to discuss technical issues and identify solutions that meet customer requirements. You can work independently, have a track record of strong decision making, and experience launching new hardware-based products in a high paced, high impact environment. In addition, you can also demonstrate the following:
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally (travel estimated at 75%)
- Experience integrating security technology into populated environments, including checkpoints, is helpful
- Video surveillance, access control, and face recognition systems, as well as metal detectors, x-ray baggage scanning and trace systems
- Strong experience integrating complex hardware solutions and communicating product features and capabilities to customers at varying levels.
- Able to summarize field activity and product functionality with team operations and management, as well as customers.
- Willing to independently lead customer-based activities including pilots, demonstrations, and events.
- Experience with system level troubleshooting and capable of becoming technically certified.
- Ability to understand wiring diagrams, schematics, diagnostics test procedures.
- Capable of understanding custom software applications in Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Smartphone/Tablet environments.
- Comfortable developing and presenting material using Microsoft PowerPoint a plus.
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work with us. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. You will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team of engineers and product innovators who share our vision for a safer world. If you are inspired by making the world a safer place, we will be a great fit.
- Equity is an important component of every compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Unique culture
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $300 per quarter to spend on the perks that are most meaningful to you
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (Required)
- Multiple locations