As a Relationship Manager Assistant you will be providing support to the commercial relationship managers in the day-to-day administration of individual loan portfolios and deposit relationships. Work directly with relationship managers, clients, attorneys etc. to process loans for closings. You will work directly with clients on service issues and daily account maintenance issues. Track and collect exception items and work with relationship manager on monitoring payment status of each individual portfolio.
To be successful in this role you must:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience and/or training preferred
- Possess experience in completing commercial real estate documents
- Ability to listen and identify the needs and wants of a customer
- Possess proficient computer skills and be familiar with most Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and ability to open and maintain accounts
- Possess initiative and be self-driven, results-oriented
- Proficient knowledge of bank products and services
- Be a team player and assist staff with any and all duties as necessary
- Consistently display a positive attitude
- Ability to be self-motivated and self-sufficient with minimal management oversight or supervision
- Possess professional communication skills when dealing with customers and other employees of the bank
- Ability to multi-task and often change focus at hand quickly without getting stressed or overwhelmed
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as policies and procedures
In this position you will be expected to:
Loan Preparation and Maintenance
- Provide support to commercial Relationship Managers (RM) on a daily basis with administration of their individual loan portfolio
- Assist RM in the preparation of loan approval documents
- Accurately order attorney work and coordinate loan closings
- Complete pre-loan preparation as outlined on Commercial Loan Checklists
- Complete loan closing preparation with accurately prepared and reviewed loan documents
- Attend loan closings as needed
- Provide notary services
- Monitor loans on an ongoing basis
- Assist clients with service and maintenance issues as needed for the loan relationship
- Track and collect exception items
- Coordinate the monitoring of payment status of a portfolio with the respective relationship manager
- Provide loan payoffs as requested
Deposit Relationship Management and Maintenance
- Open business and consumer checking accounts according to the guidelines outlined in the New Accounts Manual
- Accurately create and maintenance RMS records
- Track and validate checking account packets in TREEV
- Order products as needed on checking accounts including checks, debit cards, and online banking
- Assist RM with tracking daily overdrafts
- Assist clients as needed with the changing or maintenance of signers on current business accounts
- Assist clients with service issues as needed for wire transfers, stop payments, account transfers, etc.
- Perform dormant account maintenance
- Prepare business online banking documents
- Provide customer support for Remote Deposit, online banking, and ACH products
- Assure compliance with all applicable regulatory guidelines at all times.
- Maintain compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
The objective of the Sales Support Team is to support our Relationship Managers in managing their loan and deposit portfolios. This objective is achieved by accurate preparation and closing of loans, working closely with attorneys, opening accounts and performing maintenance, and assisting our customers with any banking needs including cross-sells and advisory services. Through the Sales Support Team’s work, they provide exceptional customer service which leads to enhanced customer loyalty and improves lifetime customer value.
Employees of Bank of Tennessee share a common vision and are committed to achieving common goals through teamwork and leadership. Besides being an exciting and progressive financial leader, we offer plenty of employee recognition, idea sharing, and team spirit. Our team is given unlimited opportunity to discover new ways to deliver superior customer service. This exciting full time professional level position comes with a full benefit package and is designed to train and prepare you for a rewarding future.
Your Organizational Impact
As a member of the Sales Support team, you impact the success of our organization by being a support to not only the Relationship Managers but to other areas of the bank such as Deposit Operations, Credit Department, Centralized Loan Documentation, and Loan Operations. The bank depends on our team for seamless loan closings and deposit account openings. Your knowledge and teamwork will help us achieve our team and company objectives.
You will regularly be sitting stationary at a workstation, constantly operating a computer or other office machinery in order to complete your job functions. You will frequently be communicating with other employees through various channels such as talking, listening, and typing.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)