Job Title – Assistant Branch Manager
Job Location – Pleasant Hill, CA
Start A Great Career With A Great Purpose! – We are a group of industry experts with the experience and drive to turn any financial need into a reality. Our mission is to satisfy the financial needs of our consumers through respectful, compassionate and efficient service. A Baltimore-based company, Mariner Finance, with its affiliates, now features over 450 branches in 25 states throughout the United States. We work with customers to find options that are beneficial for their specific needs, which is why we are recognized as the community’s consumer finance company of choice!
- Provide service to customers and prospective customers seeking loans. Extend credit to individuals through a variety of loan programs. Represent the company in the community and develop and promote additional business.
- Proactively review daily staffing levels to insure level of coverage sufficient to provide quality customer service while controlling unnecessary expense. Monitors actual hours worked to insure proper utilization of staff.
- Provide service to internal and external customers as needed. Approve exceptions to policy as authorized by Manager based on nature of exception, customer retention needs and related factors. Resolve product service, and policy related problems for customers with exceptional timeliness, accuracy and professional courtesy.
- Achieve goals consistently and efficiently; Originate, review and approve loan applications, review approved loans for possible up-selling, deny loans for possible counteroffer and settled loans for completeness of documentation.
- Be responsible for the sale of high-quality company products and services. Places inside sales calls to increase customer base. Be responsible for the retention and maintenance of existing accounts as well as developing awareness of other sales/service activities.
- Assist Branch Manager with administrative work for existing and potential customers; completes reports, initiates contact with customer as Manager’s direction to acquire additional financial information and communicate/resolve problem situations.
- Monitor and approve monthly expenses, verifying expenses against corresponding entries in annual business plan and documenting variances. May assist Manager in preparation of annual budget.
- In manager’s absence, effectively communicate with and motivate others, and coordinate functions and daily operational issues through communication with Regional Manager.
- Perform additional functions depending on market demand and branch staffing in order to provide consistent quality customer service. Other functions include but are not limited to: collecting payments, completing and processing loan applications, contacting customers for late payments, cashiering, answering phones, photocopying, filing, etc.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities when they apply.
- High school diploma plus either completions of an Associate’s Degree (or two (2) years of college course work) in a discipline such as personnel management, business, accounting, marketing, finance, administration, economics; or recent successful (within past three (3) years) completion of a lending training program or other closely aligned course of study. Four years of related experience in a sales/and/or financial services industry can be substituted for the college degree or completion of the lending training program.
- In addition to the educational requirements listed above, incumbents must have an additional three years of related experience in a financial services, insurance or sales industry.
- Outstanding interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills required at time of hire and ongoing to resolve problems for customers, to interact effectively with all levels of employees and all type of customers, both internal and external and to successfully utilize financial, human and technological resources to meet established business goals.
- Must possess excellent written communication skills to compose professional, error free correspondence, together with sufficient personal computer skills to compose such correspondence and format various reports utilizing PC software.
- Obtaining applicable insurance license is required.
- College degree preferred.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish/English preferred.