The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You'll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to Accessibility or call 877-891-2510 (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:Regular
Language Fluency: English (Required)
Work Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:Assist MAE and Producer in sales, marketing and servicing of new and renewal business. Effectively manage a book of business containing selected accounts encompassing a high level of expertise and service to the client. Mentor with Team Support and assist the ASR Supervisor in procedural training of new employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Account Service
- Receive all mail and request form clients and carriers for policy changes, certifications of insurance, invoicing and underwriting information. Delegate requests as appropriate and monitor follow up. Personally assist in resolution of more complex requests in order to assure client that all tasks are handled at a managerial level.
- Establish and maintain a good business relationship with both clients and company personnel. At the discretion of the Producer, may be called upon to interact face to face with clients and company personnel. Make the producer/MAE aware of any negative situations
- Keep a record of all expiration dates within the book of business and coordinate with the MAE and Producers the plan of action. Bring any major changes to the account to the MAE and producer.
- Assist in obtaining new/renewal information from the clients and carriers
- Assist in preparation of applications for new/renewal business
- Review applications for completeness and accuracy in preparation for submissions to carriers
- Manage the preparation and delivery of all issue binders, certificates, invoices, correspondence, auto identification cards, applications, policies, endorsements and other miscellaneous transactions on new and renewal business.
- Assist in all phases of training and progression of Team Support/ASR Trainees. Assign work responsibilities to Team Support as appropriate. Keep ASR supervisor apprised of mentor training and evaluate any additional training requirements.
- Collect outstanding premiums due to the agency and keep collections within a 30 day period. Assist clients in establishing payment plans as needed. Check accuracy of commissions and reconcile differences.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Comprehensive knowledge of binders, policies, and coverages for all states and industries serviced, gained through continuing insurance education and at least 10 years commercial lines experience and continued education. Must have demonstrated technical and account management abilities through one year at MSW in the ASR Senior level.
2. Considerable knowledge of company accounts receivable system, company computer programs for word processing, accounting and applications
3. Strong client relation skills to build and maintain positive business relationships with clients and market contacts; including excellent communication skills and service orientation, cooperative nature, and tactfulness to resolve client and company problems.
4. Ability to utilize leadership skills by providing direction, constructive feedback, development and training while additionally being able to motivate others to maximize productivity and team morale.
5. Ability to persuade and negotiate with clients to obtain information, commitment or payments.
6. Commercial Insurance Agents License
7. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
8. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
This role is benefits eligible. Please visit https://benefits.truist.com to learn more.
Salary range: $80,000 - $100,000
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify