Under the direction of the Account Director, the Account Executive is responsible for liaising with client and agency staff to coordinate traditional advertising and event marketing campaigns. The Account Executive is responsible for managing the administrative work to ensure that the campaign is completed on time and within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the Account Team in the assessment of marketing partnership opportunities for context, relevance, brand, and brand alignment; have expert knowledge on brand history, products lines etc.
- Join Account Team in client meetings to discuss and assess their marketing & advertising needs
- Assist in business development “pitches” as needed.
- Recognize the relevancy of the Agency’s ideas to clients’ business needs and demonstrate original thinking.
- Driving, managing, & communicating status on projects from conception through launch, and provide post-activation analysis and next-step recommendations to Account Team.
- Participate in client meetings, advocating the Agency’s work while balancing the Agency’s POV and client’s needs.
- Liaising with, and acting as a link between, the Account Team and Agency departments (Creative/Production/etc.) by maintaining regular contact with both, ensuring that communication flows effectively.
- Liaising with internal departments on project close-out procedures, accurately tracking and reconciling campaign costs, recap, media reconciliation, and post-campaign analysis.
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to anticipate problems and opportunities; be seen as an expert Project Leader.
- Ability to manage workload, accomplish tasks and manage others.
- Supervise and mentor interns as appropriate.
- Preserve and foster WI’s Culture and maintain a positive and forward thinking attitude.
- BA or BS degree in Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum 2-years of traditional advertising agency experience required.
- Multi-cultural (African American, Hispanic, Asian, and LGBT) marketing experience preferred.
- Experience with event marketing preferred.
- Experience in the Automotive is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organization, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and assimilate large amounts of data while paying attention to detail.
- Must be proficient on MS Office products.
Travel is not required
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Holidays