Job DescriptionDavid Aplin Group is excited to partner with their client, a North American-wide software firm that provides engineering expertise and customer support across the range of Ansys simulation capabilities. The Company has achieved the highest level of recognition as an Ansys Channel Partner (Elite) and was recently recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in North America. With a new headquarters building that opened up in 2020 and multiple regional offices across the US and Canada, they employ a staff of over 130 professionals.
You will sell ANSYS products and technical services directly to end users via phone & face-to-face contact. ANSYS is the largest independent Engineering Simulation Company that leads the Simulation-Driven Product Development (SDPD) movement. You will typically be responsible for both transactional and moderately complex enterprise sales. You have an incredible technical team of Mechanical Engineers to help you qualify and close deals.
This position will report to the Regional Sales Manager, West Region. The territory is Calgary/Edmonton area, and you will work remotely in the region.
- Lead software sales and field marketing activities for new and renewal business for your territory.
- Challenge clients by proposing new tools & new engineering processes.
- Develop & grow long term relationships with clients, prospects and current customers.
- Identify, contact and visit prospective new customers to determine technical needs.
- Engage our Engineering staff to map products/services to client’s identified challenges.
- Work with inside sales to coordinate prospecting and lead generation.
- Structure consulting deals to drive ANSYS software sales.
- Maintain and update sales records and prepare sales reports as required in Salesforce.com.
- Develop, plan and execute customer-facing events such as user groups, hands on workshops and industry seminars.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must be a winner with a great attitude.
- Ready for local and regional travel, with heavy phone usage daily.
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
- Good communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must able to work well in a group and independently.
- Both methodical and creative.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Extensive knowledge of the market including key industries, key contacts and the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Previous software sales experience.
- An understanding of engineering processes and related technology (CAD, 3D printing, HPC, etc.).
- Base salary ranging between $70-$85K (depending on experience) + commissions for OTE of $125-140K+
- Extensive benefit package with RRSP matching and great vacation package
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.