Responsible for the profit and loss of a group of Retail stores with an annual revenue of $25-55 million. Leads a team of store managers, coaching and developing them to ensure they uphold the leadership attributes and values of the company. Implements and oversees all
company initiatives and drives sales and metric growth. In charge of all hiring and firing within the market and is responsible for reaching
appropriate staffing levels in each store. Routinely visits stores in the market to ensure they are meeting company standards.
- Routinely visits stores within the market. These visits consist of store standards review, metric review and assessment and evaluation of store personnel.
- Involved in all hiring and firing within the market. The MSM inteviews all Management level store personnel
- Acts as the point person for driving company initiatives within the market. Helps to drive adherence to the company business plan and develops strategies to address opportunities within in their market, even if it’s not part of the Division-wide business plan.
- Holds meetings and calls to evaluate and drive the core company sales metrics. Works with the store teams to make sure they understand how to drive growth in each metric and routinely coach on improvement.
- Responsible for the P&L performance for all stores in the market. Reviews each statement with store leadership team and coaches for improvement.
- Works with store team on company sales process and product knowledge. Helps to train on different programs within the store.
SCOPE & IMPACT: Executive in charge of 10-18 stores with an annual revenue of $20-40 million. There are typically 10-18 direct reports and a total of 50-150 employees that are within their scope of responsibility. Accountable for meeting budgets and sales goals and driving business metrics (i.e. increased average ticket, improved conversion, higher sales volume) to reach goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science/Arts or Business Administration with 8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- 5+ years supervisory/leadership experience
- Up to 80% Travel
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and track record of experience in building effective and productive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Proven analytical ability utilizing information technologies in managing the business to translate into strategic plans.
- Proven history of managing a team, improving team’s performance and productivity
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for directing 10-15 other employees’ daily work activities and to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment / no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.