The Massachusetts Medical Society (MMS) is the statewide professional association for physicians and medical students, supporting 25,000 members. We are dedicated to educating and advocating for the physicians of Massachusetts and patients locally and nationally. A leadership voice in health care, the MMS contributes physician and patient perspectives to influence health-related legislation at the state and federal levels, works in support of public health, provides expert advice on physician practice management, and addresses issues of physician well-being. Under the auspices of the NEJM Group, the MMS extends our mission globally by advancing medical knowledge from research to patient care through the New England Journal of Medicine, NEJM Catalyst, and the NEJM Journal Watch family of specialty publications, and through our education products for health care professionals: NEJM Knowledge+, NEJM Resident 360, and our accredited and comprehensive continuing medical education programs.
We are currently seeking an Account Manager, EMEA to work in our Waltham, MA office.
The Account Manager, EMEA supports revenue growth by working with the Regional Sales Director, EMEA on specific strategies and activities for NEJM Group site license sales in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). This position provides site license sales support for all NEJM Group products, including NEJM, NEJM Archives, NEJM Catalyst, NEJM Evidence and NEJM Journal Watch. This role supports the sales and licensing activities for new and existing academic/hospital/ consortia and government accounts.
1. Responsible for managing to closure academic/hospital site license renewals as assigned.
2. Prepare and issue manual invoices as needed
3. Responsible for handling customer and subscription agent inquiries as assigned. Forwards new requests to Regional Sales Director (EMEA).
4. Prepare and issue contracts. Work with other departments to answer contract questions and resolve specific requests. Monitor contract status to ensure receipt and proper electronic storage.
5. Assist Regional Sales Director with prospecting, qualifying, and marketing to territory customers.
6. Enter, complete customer information in Salesforce and perform updates and manage hierarchies as needed.
7. Prepare regular territory reports in Salesforce for renewals and payments. Create new Salesforce report templates as directed.
8. Work with Marketing Manager to coordinate creation and shipment of booth supplies for all territory conferences.
9. Provide account statements to sales partners and assist with sales partner requests as needed.
10. Run usage reports for customers and sales partners and monitor usage against targeted levels. Follow-up with customers with below-average usage to explore ways to increase engagement.
10a. Assist with onboarding new customers.
11. Set up trials and provide usage data upon expiration
12. Forward access issues to the appropriate teams and follow up until resolution
13. Work with other departments to complete administrative forms required by customer
14. Continuously monitor system integration to ensure timely renewal notices, invoicing and license activation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience within goal and sales-oriented environment is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Familiarity with online services and the delivery of online information is essential. licensing and/or sales experience is preferred.
- Excellent follow-up capabilities and ability to contribute and collaborate in a team environment is required.
Our generous benefits offerings include: 3 weeks of paid vacation, 6 personal days, 12 sick days, 12 paid holidays, medical and dental plans, 401(k) plans with company match, back-up childcare assistance, tuition assistance and more!
The MMS has earned praise as one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by The Boston Globe for the past 8 years in a row! The Globe surveys employees regarding their opinions about company leadership, benefits, ethics, values and culture, and recognizes those companies who receive high marks from their employees.
Massachusetts Medical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled