Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6,500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia.
Further information is available at www.bgis.com
Reporting to the Manager, Workplace Solutions, the Client Relationship Manager II will be the prime contact to customer Business Units, on behalf of the client Corporate Real Estate team. The CRM II will seek to understand the Business Unit’s needs as they relate to the workplace and develop solutions that will support both the business objectives and the overall Real Estate strategy. The candidate must have strong communication skills and be able to manage client expectations at the C-suite level. The CRM II must be able to manage priorities effectively and thrive in a fast-paced, evolving work environment.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Foster new and existing client relationships at an executive level with identified business units relating to the workplace.
- Consult and meet with clients to determine needs, preferences, budget, and timeline, the specific purpose of the space and/or project, and other factors affecting the planning of interior environments.
- Collaborate with the Workplace Solutions team were required to support client needs.
- Maintain communication with clients during project execution and work closely with the Project Delivery team to ensure project success.
- Local travel to various client sites required every 1-2 weeks. Occasional out-of-province travel may be required.
Interior Design/ Workspace Occupancy
- Perform interior design activities such as needs analysis, programming, space planning, cost estimating, detailed scope development, and problem-solving.
- Develop solutions with a strong consideration of factors such as cost, budget, environment, and timelines.
- Work with client Asset Managers to develop Strategic Project scopes and budgets.
- Ensure the required design elements of every project are: clearly articulated; agreed and understood by multiple cross-functional stakeholders; managed in a collaborative, effective, and efficient manner; to allow the Project Management team to successfully deliver intended outcomes.
- Educate and communicate across CRE teams regarding the use of regional workplace policies, specifications, and guidelines to support ongoing occupancy and projects within the portfolio
- Work closely and collaboratively with other team members, internal partners (HR, IT, Security, FM’s), and external consultants in the development and execution of appropriate workplace design.
- Projects assigned will be typically medium to high complexity, over $250k in value.
- Provide weekly updates of project information and status to support accurate data reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- 4 year Interior Design Degree or equivalent diploma with 7-10 years of experience in a corporate environment with significant design, project planning and client relationship management experience.
- Previous experience within a corporate real estate group, professional services, or design firm.
- Comprehensive understanding of the local Building Code, building issues, safety codes, office ergonomics, accessibility and applicable industry standards and regulations considered an asset.
- Knowledge of furniture systems required.
- Experience designing Activity Based Workplaces considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology considered an asset.
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Strong communications (written and verbal) skills; proficient in English (written and spoken). Fluency in French an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in ambiguous, changing, and non-standard environments
- Ability to lead and influence multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to present in a formal conference setting with executives.
- Ability to work remotely in a virtual team environment
- Excellent computer literacy, including illustrated proficiency in Microsoft, PowerPoint, Excel, and AutoCAD.
- Experience with space and occupancy management tools an asset – eg. Serraview.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- NCIDQ certified (or in progress)
- ARIDO, IDC membership
- BCIN (in Ontario or equivalent) an asset
- LEED an asset
- WELL / Fitwel an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
At BGIS we believe that diversity and inclusion is a key business driver, such that we never lose sight of its importance as it is woven into the fabric of our organization. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of our continuing pursuit for organizational success!