This position is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and developing long-term relationships with 25-50 referral sources/Community Partners, with the goal of recruiting clients in need and connecting clients to care. The Account Manager will be skilled at listening and understanding their Community Partner’s priorities and creating value by responding with solutions and services. This position will act as a brand ambassador to uphold and advance the values, ethics, and knowledge of Housing Works’ mission and services with integrity. This is an outreach role and as part of a high-performance team, the Account Manager is accountable to meet monthly targets and increase Housing Works’ client base to deliver quality care to those in need. The right candidate will be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any special needs in their interactions with staff, clients and referral sources.
- Act as Housing Works Ambassador- Master product knowledge and outreach competencies and skills and represent Housing Works in a professional manner in the community & at networking events.
- Master Product Knowledge- Understand Housing Works Programs and Services and be able to educate community partners about eligibility criteria, service offerings and referral process.
- Mapping and Territory Management- Map assigned territory and identify stakeholders; Develop territory plan that optimizes time management and effectively develops community partners within territory.
- Managing Existing and New Accounts- Profile accounts and understand customer needs; Plan SMART Goals and create solutions to differentiate Housing Works and advance relationship; Effectively build multi-level relationships.
- Prospecting- Seek out leads and win new business.
- Achieving Targets and Strategizing- Achieve targets by segmenting market and tailoring strategy by referral channel and build action plan accordingly.
- Qualifying and Focusing- Apply criteria to prioritize and focus on high value accounts.
- Salesforce Documentation and Reporting- Meet documentation requirements and use CRM to manage account portfolio.
- Communicating and Negotiating- Understand Referrer’s or clients’ value; Handle objections; Communicate with key Influencers and negotiate strategically and tactically.
- Creating Value and Advancing Relationshi- Deliver strategic solutions and achieve Triple WIN!; Provide follow up to advance relationship.
- Teamwork- Actively participate in Community Partnerships team, as well as teamwork with operations.
- Customer Service- Provide excellent internal and external customer service in order to create an excellent customer experience for referrers and clients.
- Connecting Clients to Care- Gain agreement to connect clients to Housing Works and assess needs to match client to additional service lines.
- Manages with metrics- Record and track daily and monthly activity and results; Understand account trends and provide weekly reports.
- Provide educational workshops and presentations- Develop/ deliver effective presentations and engage participants in a valuable dialogue in order to advance relationship with Housing Works
- Achieves performance standards- Meet performance standards based on program specifications including call reach and visit frequency and required documentation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with minimum of 3 years work experience in related fields or Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 1-year experience in related fields.
- Developed knowledge of social services organizations and community outreach efforts. Work experience in outreach, sales and business development is a plus.
- Personal qualities of empathy, integrity, and a sense of responsibility and urgency.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Housing Works also does not request prior salary information during the hiring process. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.