Controls Engineer (Entry, Junior and Senior positions available)
Director of Engineering
Commensurate with Experience
We are seeking a Controls/Automation Engineer with experience in the design and installation of heavy industrial automated material handling equipment. Individual must be both self-directed and able to function in a lean agile team environment. The successful candidate will be a strong controls designer, project and team oriented, with experience in designing automated equipment. Projects are complex and sophisticated and require experienced engineers. The candidate will be responsible for designing, configuring, testing and maintaining control systems for custom automated parking equipment.
- Design, Programming and Configuration of PLCs, HMIs, VFDs and Machine Safety Devices. This role will be exposed to industrial networks such as ProfiNet, camera systems for system monitoring, IT equipment for access to SCADA Systems, Building Controls and POS Services. Provide direction to Panel Shops, Multi-disciplined Engineering Firms, Electrical Contractors, and Integrators to lead them to a successful installation.
- PLC programming, VFDs, I/O, Networks
- Design/programming of Human Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- Control systems testing, equipment commissioning, field testing and system acceptance including operational readiness testing
- Specification review and compliance
- Integrated remote monitoring
- Defining and using program descriptions, I/O lists, electrical schematics and drawings, to create PLC/HMI code for control of various electro-mechanical systems. Assist Field Engineering with start-up and troubleshooting of applied programming.
- Work with engineering team to develop electrical, instrumentation and controls products and systems to satisfy unique customer specifications, contracts, and new business development.
- Support design and shop building of machine control systems.
- Review and develop technical documentation for review and submittal to customers.
- Participate in installation and set-up activities to ensure components and systems are conforming to engineering design standards and customer specifications.
- Program troubleshooting, problem identification and resolution.
- Estimate engineering time, material costs and resources required for proposed projects.
- Provide Purchasing with technical guidance on electrical components, equipment, software, and services.
- Providing field support for equipment installation, startup, troubleshooting, and ongoing maintenance.
- Additional Responsibilities: Flexibility for domestic travel up to 40% at times is required, normal is less than 20% (overnight travel may be required to support installation, start-up activities or attend meetings). Other responsibilities as identified and assigned.
Bachelors of EE or CS or CE, 1-5 years of design experience; proven knowledge of machine or process controls. Programming in Ladder, Structured Text, C, C++. Knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Database Systems a plus. System Design. Siemens, NORD Gear, SICK
- Demonstrated proficiency with PLC and HMI programming for automated industrial equipment.
- Experience in developing electrical schematics and AutoCAD skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to meet timelines and specifications for design process projects as assigned. The ability to simultaneously organize and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, mathematical, verbal, written and presentation skills. Ability to work both independently as well as with the team.
- This position requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in design, programming, troubleshooting and diagnosis of the designed control systems.
In this highly effective team environment there is a chance to contribute immediately to impact the AUTOParkit™ System Design. The multi-disciplined team led by seasoned professionals from building architecture, construction management and automation are fused to allow for exceptional cross training to expand skills sets in engineering, sales, marketing, project management and leadership.
We are client focused and driven to exceed their expectations. We hold each other accountable for tangible results.