At the Renaissance Newport Beach we pride ourselves on being the best employer in the area. What sets us apart? Our culture, full benefit plans, including 401k with a company match and our lucrative bonus programs, to name a few. We are looking for talented people who have a genuine passion for service. Our Core Values involve personal development, people, and a desire for wanting them to succeed. We believe each member of our team has a key part to play in our delivery of outstanding service and memorable experiences for each guest. We want a hotel that people want to come to, not through. Find out today what a career with Pyramid Hotel Group at the Renaissance Newport Beach can mean for you!
Solicit group business that enables the hotel to meet and/or exceed revenue goals in rooms and food and beverage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participation in daily sales meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales related meetings as required.
- Work with other departments within hotel to provide quality service to customers.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings
- Develop/maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events.
- Participate as team player with all departments.
- Assist with reports and/or competition data collection.
- Follow the principles of CARE and the Four Disciplines of Associate Success.
Qualifications and Requirements:
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate, convince, sell, and influence prospects and hotel guests.
- Advanced knowledge of the sales and hospitality principles and practices.
- Results-oriented writing techniques and strategies for correspondence, i.e. letters, reports, proposals.
- Appropriate and accurate grammar and punctuation in written communication.
- Ability to maximize impact, maintains interest, and establishes a rapport with your audience when conveying information.
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage time and resources.
- Understanding the positioning of the hotel, services provided, and how the hotel can meet the needs of clients.
- Two-four years of employment in the hospitality industry or related sales field.
- English is a must; other languages are a plus.
- Basic math skills.