Account Manager -RG 20
Reporting into the Sr. Strategic Account Manager, this position is primarily responsible for managing the sales activities within the specified business segment to increase sales and implement strategic corporate directives.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify and build relationships with targeted list of accounts.
- Develop strategies and direct sales activities towards selected target accounts.
- Create and deliver customized product presentations in 2D and 3D modeling if applicable.
- Direct selling strategy on key opportunities, including pricing, service, investment, risk, scheduling and technical promotion issues to achieve successful design wins.
- Provide support to customers throughout build-out process, keeping customers informed of progress, seeking feedback.
- Monitor production of products and identify growth and future needs of customers.
- Meet established sales account goals within the assigned territory.
- Comply with established Hirose sales policies, pricing guidelines and best practices.
9. Develop and implement a strategic account plan to maximize HRS revenue and profitability, account penetration and Customer satisfaction.
10. Manage all aspects of the Account and position HRS as a Key supplier for current and future development / business opportunities.
11. Ensure sales pipeline is growing and converting “C” projects to “A” projects.
12. Develop where applicable, a Global Account strategy, overseeing and maintaining the “big picture”, while leading the Sales Team in understanding and executing the Global strategy.
13. Lead and work closely with a Customer focus team (i.e., Regional Sales Engineer/FAE, Quality Engineer and Customer Service Specialist).
14. Able to mentor, train and provide direction to new Account Managers.
15. Establish Executive level Customer relationships.
16. Help guide Engineering, Product Management and Marketing to identify and capture new product direction and new business/project opportunities.
17. Sell the value propositions of HRS’s products/solutions.
18. Regular interaction with HRS Senior Management, Engineering and Quality personnel across all key locations to assess current performance and reputation of HRS, identifying areas of opportunity or improvement.
- Responsible for posting all Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics and achieving KPI targets.
- Identify, evaluate, and coordinate the development of potential product lines with key accounts and future customers.
- Implement New Product Introduction (NPI’s) plans agreed to with Marketing to include target account identification, promotion schedule, samples and pricing while providing direct feedback to Hirose.
- Monitor with the design process in order to meet commitment targets with customers.
- Continually monitor trends in customer industry to anticipate needs and present Hirose as the leader in the connector industry.
- Interface with industry groups and standards committees, as necessary.
Leadership and Teamwork
- Continual demonstrates Hirose’s philosophy of “connecting wisdom” and “always taking the lead, pursuing the cutting edge, achieving differentiation, and being the first to obtain consumer’s approval”.
- Work with Accounts Receivable to ensure accounts are set-up for timely payment.
- Build close relationships with Hirose Japan personnel; assist with periodic customer visits by Japanese engineers and other Hirose personnel.
- Create a collaborative team environment within the HRS support groups.
- Complete tasks per ISO9001-2008 requirements, when applicable.
- Prepare and submit sales activity reports on a timely basis including the rolling 12-month sales forecast for domestic and international, Manager’s report, Regional Program Updates(RPU’s), Distributor Quarterly Business Reports (QBR’s), Private Show updates and information pertaining to the development of Hirose’s CRM data base.
- Complete all required reports, presentations in a timely fashion.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/A degree in Business or Technical field required.
- Five + years sales experience.
- Five + years sales experience in the electronic component industry required.
- Must possess the technical knowledge to be able to fully comprehend the customer’s requirements and provide the appropriate HRS product solution.
- Excellent analytical and problem- solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Organizational skills must be above average. Ability to manage multiple assignments while meeting deadlines and quality standards.
- Possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) in order to work with both external and internal customers. Able to clearly and concisely communicate across different cultures.
- Excellent presentation skills including creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to resolve issues and escalate in a timely fashion and to the customer’s needs.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Self-motivated & positive attitude with great energy.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of time to the multiple customer’s R&D locations.
Must be able to negotiate the territory assigned either by driving or using available transportation on an on-going basis, which may require long distance traveling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee will also need to travel to customer sites, tradeshows, and company events. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Hirose Electric USA, Inc. may need to revise or change the essential and supplemental responsibilities of the position as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rockford, IL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Are you able to sucessfully complete a background screening?
- Are you able to sucessfully able to complete a drug screening?
- What is your desired salary requirements?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location