VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The Director of Business Operations – SaaS Renewals, reports into the Sr. Director of Global Renewals Operations and is responsible for driving operational excellence in our subscription renewals business. This is role will be the global program manager and deliverables will include driving global sales processes, business analytics and KPIs, pipeline management, data modeling, data quality and providing business intelligence to the Renewals Sales leadership team.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide critical business insight to business partners based on business acumen and data analysis, be able to identify issues and recommend action plans
- Drive business requirements for business process and systems and cross functional alignment between key work partners including Sales, Customer Success, Finance, BU’s and global process teams.
- Establish KPI’s and target setting for business franchises, segments/account base
- Subject matter expert for M&A integration projects
- Drive overall end to end SaaS/Subscription Renewals Program (from pipeline creation to renewal rate analysis)
- Drive weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecast process, consolidation and analysis
- Perform weekly, monthly and quarterly opportunity pipeline analysis, data validation and identify gaps and actions required
- Cross functional partnership with finance and Geo Sales Ops to drive linearity metrics, on time renewal rate performance, ARR and churn metrics
- Generate regular and ad-hoc metric analysis for the Sales Leadership Team to monitor performance across a range of key business drivers and sales team performance
- Drive data quality, process and automation activities that improve process efficiencies
- Assist in all facets of sales planning, territory planning and coverage models
- Generate presentation material for business partners
- Subject matter expert on corporate cross functional projects and initiatives
- Develop and manage key operational dashboards & status reports for sales management
- Act as a change agent to implement sales process improvement
- 10+ years’ experience in Sales Operations, Business Operations, Finance or related field in SaaS/Subscription business
- Demonstrated leadership skills. Ability to lead, influence in matrixed organization.
- Enterprise software SaaS renewals experience a plus
- Superior analytical skills
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Self-starter with excellent time and project management skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strength in researching, understanding, distilling and communicating complex business issues, ideas and analyzing business impact
- Advanced experience/skillset using CRM applications: Salesforce.com
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Statistics or related field. MBA desirable.
Home Office - Anywhere in the United States
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Business Process
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-20
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.