Taking its inspiration from her-story, C. Baldwin honors Charlotte Baldwin Allen, wife of Augustus Chapman Allen who co-founded Houston with his brother John Kirby Allen in 1836. The soul of the hotel acknowledges her pioneering role as “Mother of Houston” and lauds her hands-on 19th c. presence as a pivotal businesswoman, cattle rancher, philanthropist, and trailblazer.
The property, in all ways, celebrates the trailblazing spirit of women in Texas. This stunning 354-room hotel boasts 14,000 square feet of meeting space, a signature restaurant, Rosalie, helmed by celebrity Chef Chris Cosentino, a hidden speakeasy, a local Grab and go concept, Good2GO, abundant green space, Sloan/Hall luxury goods, and an all-natural salon, Paloma.As part of Sage Hospitality Group, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do.
We believe in enriching lives one experience at a time. More than a slogan, we empower our employees to make positive impacts on the communities in which we live and work. By providing genuine service we build relationships with our guests and value for our shareholders, and we create unforgettable experiences.We are looking for independent thinkers. Those who harness their entrepreneurial spirit so that it breaks preconceived notions. We’re not afraid to forge our own path.
After all, it’s what industry leaders do. That’s whywe welcome risk takers and creative spirits alike. No matter your daily role, Sage recognizes that your success is about more than the work you do—it’s really about who you are, which is why we invest in your personal and professional growth. We hope you consider joining us!
- Targets results-oriented high revenue potential sales calls to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan.
- Must have own reliable transportation and possess a valid state driver’s license in order to make sales calls.
- Key Account Management: Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
- Achieves a minimum of 90% of productivity goals and 100% of activity goals, as established by management.
- Captures competitor's accounts through networking, research and reader board surveys in order to target and solicit those most probable to generate new business.
- Acquires referrals from existing accounts: Follows up on all leads within 48 hours of receipt in an effort to create new business for the hotel, and, when appropriate, sends leads to other Sage hotels.
- Plans and implements an on-going Targeted Account Development "hit list" in order to create new revenue and acquire valuable hotel contacts, and contracts.
- Continually targets and prospects for new business through telemarketing, individual creativity and innovation.
- Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel's financial performance.
- Account Service and Management:
- Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops strong customer relationships through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Conducts research, surveys, personal investigation and studies market place and territory in order to effectively capitalize on the hotel's strengths and competitor's weaknesses and capabilities.
- Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicating a minimum 90% work time on direct sales efforts.
- Professionalism: Controls expenses while traveling on the property's behalf in order to minimize department and hotel costs.
- Represents themselves, the hotel and Sage Development Resources, Inc. with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, a service-focused approach, and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communications with all co-workers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Displays a neat, clean, and business-like appearance at all times.
- Requires knowledge of general sales techniques.
- Requires yield management experience.
- Requires highly developed customer service skills.
- Requires ability to hear, speak, read and write English fluently.
- Requires 12th grade level mathematics, spelling and reading skills.
- Requires effective business writing skills.
- Must be able to meet clients on and off premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs, use door keys and operate basic office equipment.
- Vision to read fine print and computer screens, to see colors, to observe rooms in poorly lit conditions.
- Understand and follow verbal/written instructions.
- Work on more than one task at a time.
- Develop strong internal and customer relationships.
- Set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance.
- Solve problems and make sound business decisions. Respond to coaching, feedback and training.
- Strong and effective sales skills.
- Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing
- Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients. Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
- Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000 per referral.