At Hawaiian Airlines, we are all about welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and taking care of our people, our home and the communities we serve. Join our ‘ohana and be a part of an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kama‘āina and introducing our islands to the world!
This position is responsible for supporting initiatives pertaining to processes and technology in Human Resources which include documenting and improving business processes, testing and scripting of test cases and operational support of HR systems. Business Functional Analysts are individuals who perform business analysis. They readily see the overall business picture and deal with undefined situations holistically. Typical project assignments involve a high degree of complexity. They perform their role with little oversight and take a structured approach to analysis and problem solving. At this level the analyst relies on their experience and training to drive innovative ideas and provides practical recommendations to complex situations. This role is key to helping Human Resources deploy products and solutions in a precise and cost-effective manner.
- Manage the business use of HR systems
- Work with cross-functional teams, such as business process owners, subject matter experts (SMEs), Project Managers, Continuous Improvement leads and IT to map functional process, capture current and future states, elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, context diagrams, surveys, site visits, business process analysis, use cases or user stories, scenarios, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Lead and facilitate requirements prioritization including the identification of conflicts and areas of potential misinterpretation
- Identify, collaborate and facilitate changes with cross-functional teams on process improvements and impacts on systems
- Coordinate systems releases, system changes and data fixes with vendors
- Run meetings with large group of stakeholders across multiple departments, drive discussions to close out open items, create reports, dashboards, etc.
- Capture potential risks and report to manager with recommendations on mitigation plans
- Create user guides, initial drafts of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other documents to reflect the current and future processes and procedures for business as usual (BAU)
- For various HR systems, provide operational support to end users, troubleshoot as needed
- Create and manage security for HR systems including user access and profiles
- Help teams identify success metrics for initiatives, ensure success metrics have been met when a new initiative goes live
- Ability to review own work products in a team setting to accept feedback from multiple stakeholders, and ability to accept general feedback and implement changeCreate and maintain requirements traceability. Track requirements status throughout the project. Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective and appropriate application of change control processes and tools
- Ability to capture, share and implement lessons learned in processes, daily activities and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 2 years’ experience working primarily as a business analyst or in a related role
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience in functional system analysts, including analyzing and documenting busines needs and understanding how applications support the business
- Advanced level of competency with office productivity tools such as MS Office, MS Project and process mapping tools such as Visio
**All applicants are advised that post-offer and/or pre-employment drug testing will be conducted, and they must successfully pass the drug test. Failure to submit to testing or positive indications of drug use will render the applicant ineligible for employment with Hawaiian Airlines and any employment offer will be withdrawn.
- System implementation and data conversion experience
- Self driven to bring about positive change in their assigned areas they represent with excellent communication skills
- Experience in producing business requirements for technology enablement
- Experience in the development of testing scripts, user guides and training material
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments and within departments at all levels of the organization to include development of presentation materials
- Previous work experience in an Initiatives group, Enterprise Project Management or Continuous Improvement group setting which required use of business analysis skills
- Experience with project management life cycle (PMLC) and software development life cycles (SDLC) in a team environment
- Strong working knowledge of MS applications including PowerPoint, Teams and SharePoint
- Airline or related industry experience
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) CBAP Certification or Project Management Institute (PMI) PBA Certification
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 17 years (2004-2020) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 92nd year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai‘i's biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers nonstop flights within the Hawaiian Islands, between Hawai‘i and more U.S. gateway cities (16) than any other airline, as well as service connecting the islands with Japan and South Korea. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Hawaiian has temporarily suspended service in Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti.
The airline is committed to the health and safety of its guests and employees and has reinforced enhanced cleaning procedures across its business. While the experience may be a little different, the authentic Hawaiian hospitality remains unchanged. Additional details on how Hawaiian is keeping guests and employees safe can be found at HawaiianAirlines.com/KeepingYouSafe.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.