Supervises the daily operations of the catering and group planning area to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with local and corporate standard operating procedures.
Meets revenue expectations.
Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for Rooms and Food and Beverage sales within the hotel
Administer the staffing, training, and performance reviews for the Sales Department. Conducts training programs regularly to ensure Greenwood standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward performance excellence.
Maintain a leadership position as a hotel Executive Committee Member by exhibiting the values of the Greenwood Ambassador Program and by embracing the Greenwood EFFECT
- Supervise catering/coordinator/event planning managers and related associates; interview, hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communications, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Meet with the customers to review the Banquet Event Orders and, where appropriate, group resumes, to review any changes, issues and/or problems to ensure delivery of a quality product.
- Calculate and review the banquet checks ensuring accuracy and present the check to the customer for signature to ensure payment.
- Calculate and prepare the daily gratuities and payroll ensuring accurate, prompt reporting to the Controller's department.
- Key Account Management: Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
- Plans and implements an on-going Targeted Account Development "hit list" in order to create new revenue and acquire valuable hotel contacts, and contracts.
- Continually targets and prospects for new business through telemarketing, individual creativity and innovation.
- Yield Management: Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel's financial performance.
- Account Service and Management: Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops strong customer relationships through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Capable of planning menus, working within budget guidelines, forecasting and understanding food and beverage costs.
- Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Promptly, within the same day or by 10am the next business day, follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
Negotiate marketing programs and packages for purchases ranging from collateral materials, advertising space, and costs involved in joint marketing programs and cross marketing opportunities, product pricing and positioning. Also, participate as a committee of marketing
Document and evaluate market conditions and trends. Make reasonable recommendations.
Promote the hotel through frequent oral and written communication and/or participation in business and community relations activities.
Interact with and motivate employees to maintain high morale. Organize, conduct and/or attend sales and operational meetings to obtain and disseminate information.
Travel to target market areas/destinations to identify new visitor pools and promote the hotel as a prime business and resort destination.
- Time Management: Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicating a minimum of 80% of work time on direct sales efforts.
- Professionalism: Controls expenses while traveling on the property's behalf in order to minimize department and hotel costs.
- Represents themselves, the hotel and company with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, a service-focused approach, and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communications with all co-workers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Exhibits strong listening skills.
- Displays a neat, clean, and business-like appearance at all times.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as required.
- Professional appearance and attitude required.
- Local travel as required
- Hours: 40-50 hours over a 5 day period; typically Monday through Friday; days and times may vary based on need.
3 to 30 employees.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
- Extensive skill in development and delivery of the sales process.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to foster cooperation, diffuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflicts.
- Requires a working knowledge of banquet/catering food and beverage service, policies or operations.
- Requires knowledge of computer equipment.
- Requires compiling facts and figures in accordance with established procedures.
- Supervisory skills needed.
- Communication skills required to provide information and associated service to hotel management and guests.
- Excellent hearing necessary for verbal interaction with guests and associates.
- Excellent vision necessary to view set-ups.
- Excellent speech communication skills required for verbal interaction with guests and associates.
- Excellent literacy necessary to read BEOs, process gratuities and payroll, etc
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying tables, chairs, boxes (50 pound maximum) occasionally.
- Bending/kneeling required for taping down cords, skirting tables, picking up floor after function occasionally.
- Mobility - ability to service clients on a moments notice, variable distances.
- Continuous standing required for function observation, client site inspections (one (1) hour minimum for four (4) hours maximum).
- Climbing stairs of approximately 55 steps three (3) to five (5) percent of 10 hours daily.
- Driving - distance varies (20 percent used for sales calls).
More than two (2) years of post high school education, but less than a degree from a four (4) year college.
Minimum of 7 years sales experience and 2 years of supervisory experience required. Prior hotel or hospitality experience required.
Chemicals/Agents used: None
Operation of computer, typewriter, telephone, calculator, fax and vacuum cleaner.
Inside 70 percent of 10 hour day. Outside 30 percent of 10 hour day.
Temperatures - extreme summer heat of 95 degrees and above, and winter cold.