Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early-stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
The Screening Core is a dedicated organization inside of Guardant Health focused on the development and commercialization of the early cancer detection LUNAR portfolio. The Screening Core’s singular focus on bringing our early cancer detection products to market allows us to act with the speed and urgency needed to achieve our ambitious goals and serve the millions of individuals who can benefit from early cancer detection.
About the Role:
The field-based Regional Sales Manager, Screening Core is responsible for leading a team of Account Managers within a designated region. The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for the effective promotion of Lunar-2 to general practice providers and their practices within the designated area. The Regional Sales Manager will recruit, coach, develop, and lead the Account Managers for the launch and promotion of Lunar-2.
- Prospect and target to identify a region early adopter list and generate interest of the Lunar-2 Test.
- Proactively identify and build strong relationships and advocacy with key thought leaders and decision makers in assigned region.
- Successfully manage 8-12 direct reports including the recruitment and selection of highly qualified Account Managers, ensuring effective coaching and development of the sales force.
- Demonstrate effective leadership; drive effective performance through coaching, motivating & inspiring team of Account Managers; provide clear expectations, ongoing feedback, and opportunities for continuous development.
- Manage the assigned region’s sales targets and maintain ongoing reporting of progress with management team.
- Successfully forecast and achieve quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Ensure the effective use of sales process and approved product marketing and product promotion material by regional sales force.
- Model and share best practices nationally.
- Effectively manage open territories while recruiting for new personnel should a territory be vacated within designated area.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive business plan for the region that will be inclusive of budgets, travel, territory management, goal setting, etc.
- Collect ongoing customer insights, market trends & competitive data from sales force and communicate to leadership and peers.
- Leverage up-to-date product and technical expertise to effectively present and discuss the technology and clinical benefits in terms which are relevant to customers.
- Effectively collaborate with Key Account Managers and commercial team members to optimize business performance within health systems within assigned area.
- Establish and maintain ongoing communication and team operating mechanisms to ensure appropriate information is shared and collaboration within and outside of the team is taking place.
- Demonstrate GH's Values by acting with integrity, respect, trust and possess a positive attitude and an understanding of the dynamics involved with organizational growth and change.
- Leverage Medical Science Liaisons, Account Managers, and other Company resources as necessary to provide the necessary technical, clinical and business content to create a competitive differentiation and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Leads and is engaged in regional and national projects.
- Participate on cross functional headquarters’ projects having a positive business and/or culture impact.
- May serve as the back up to the Area Director.
- Mentors individuals within or outside the commercial organization.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Responsible for ensuring sales force compliance in all Quality, Regulatory and Company policies and guidelines.
- Must meet customer access requirements.
- This is a field-based role. Travel with direct reports to observe and provide training and coaching. Ability to travel approximately 50% of working time within assigned area and some travel outside of assigned area for regional or national meetings.
- 7+ years of direct experience in a customer-facing sales role in a medical, healthcare, or technical field with a history of 1) consistent closing abilities throughout the sales cycle and 2) proven past performance that has met and exceeded expectations.
- 3+ years of experience in a sales leadership/sales management capacity.
- Outstanding influencing, interpersonal and networking skills to drive successful relationship building.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach and educate others.
- Demonstrated measurable revenue generation at either a diagnostic, pharmaceutical or relevant biotechnology company.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with demonstrated experience reporting and tracking sales force metrics.
- Impeccable oral and verbal communication and presentation skills; Superior listening and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation, problem-solving and customer service skills; Ability to engage in a consultative selling process that overcomes objections and indifferences while connecting client needs with GH capabilities.
- Proven ability to maintain an outstanding level of market, customer, distribution, and product knowledge necessary to accomplish sales and marketing objectives.
- Outstanding strategic business analysis and planning skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a very high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and utilize cross-functional relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals and objectives.
- Ability to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines; Ability to work effectively with minimal direction from, or interface with, manager.
- Strong administrative skills and sophistication to manage business in complex environments.
- Must be proficient with all Microsoft Office products – particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective and regular utilization of Salesforce.com.
- Proven Experience leading sales teams who promote products or services directly to primary care providers, gastroenterologists, and their practices.
- Experience in a sales leadership role during a product launch.
- Experience using/coaching to different sales methodology (Challenger, SPIN, etc.)
B.S. in life science, biology, business, or marketing is ideal
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.