Position: Business Development Executive Location: Alaska, Canada or Miami (WFH Flexible), Territory Dependent
Reporting to: Sales Director Status: Full Time/Exempt
Org Chart: Territory Manager
The purpose of this role is to generate new sales leads and sell Fireminds’ s business solutions, security, and software products in a defined territory, coupled with up selling and cross selling managed services into the Fireminds connectivity partners customer base.
Selling to Corporate customers, you will be focused on acquiring Enterprise customers within the region. Your success will be to sell customers solutions from the Fireminds business portfolio, ensuring they are always business ready with a view to improving both business continuity and Digital Transformation. The role is perfect for a focused person who is self-sufficient and will be given autonomy and support to deliver the Fireminds GTM strategy.
Functions and Tasks:
- Identify new sales leads in new markets
- Managed One large Telecommunications partner account, generating new business via a channel sales process.
- Research organizations and individuals to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Contact potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Meets and exceed business development and sales targets, ensuring new business acquisition
- Develop and implement new business sales strategies, tracking all activity and deal management in Salesforce.com CRM
- Prioritize activities in line with the growth plan and prepare and develop proposals
- Partner with the technology teams to ensure excellence in customer service and client satisfaction at all times.
- Internal –Project Managers, IT Support, Provisioning, Procurement, Developers, Product Development, Management Team
- External – Customers and prospects
Essence of Role – Key Accountabilities
- Achievement of Core Cloud / Managed IT targets on a monthly basis
- Achievement of Software & Professional Services Target on a quarterly basis.
- Accurate forecasting against target
- Reporting against target and activities within CRM (Salesforce Revenue Cloud)
- Working with agents in the area and Procurement regarding hardware sales
- Management of customer acquisition cost process.
- NPS (Net Promoter Score)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Proven success in your sales ability or client management skills
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analyzing business opportunities
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
- Strong leadership skills to manage internal cross functional teams relationships
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritize tasks
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- A positive attitude to dealing with people
- Thorough understanding of product and solution portfolio
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to positively influence and connect with people
- Previous Business to Business Sale experience
- Background in IT Sales or Software Sales is an advantage
- Manage a tailored sales process to achieve targets / KPI’s
- Confidence in presenting / speaking at industry events / workshops by effectively using a range of presentation skills i.e. body language, voice tone etc.
- Ability to engage with confidence and clarity at Director level within the assigned territory
Role Dimensions - Financial (limits/mandates etc.) - Non-financial (customers/staff etc)
- Achievement Service and Revenue Targets
- Generation of leads & opportunities within assigned territory
- Closing sales with customers
- Development of stakeholder engagement
- Account planning & time management
- Input into marketing and product function for sales support.
- Forecasting & reporting against targets
- Generation of sales leads & opportunities
- New business meetings and closing sales with customers
- Development of Customer Stakeholder Plans
- Development of opportunity roadmaps for each target
- Achievement of KPIs
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University
- A minimum three years’ business development and sales experience gained selling Software, Cloud, Cyber Security or Network Solutions.
- Experience selling Microsoft, AWS, VMware, Veeam, Cisco, 3CX, Citrix is a distinct advantage.
- Proven ability to positively influence others and generate sales with integrity and professionalism
- Thorough understanding of current technologies as it pertains to software development, cloud computing, and IT support
- Good communications, presentation, and customer care skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to be self-motivated
- Creative talent and the ability to solve tough problems
- Able to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organization