With 2020 sales and revenues of $41.7 billion, Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives. Since 1925, we’ve been driving sustainable progress and helping customers build a better world through innovative products and services. Throughout the product life cycle, we offer services built on cutting-edge technology and decades of product expertise. These products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value to help our customers succeed. We do business on every continent, principally operating through three primary segments – Construction Industries, Resource Industries, and Energy & Transportation – and providing financing and related services through our Financial Products segment. Visit us at caterpillar.com or join the conversation on our social media channels at caterpillar.com/social-media.
Without our team of talented, bright and driven individuals, we wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today. Now, this is your chance to join our team and do work that matters. We want you to help us enable customer success, make progress possible around the world and help our communities grow and thrive.
Caterpillar Global Financial Services Division (GFSD) is seeking to fill a senior staff accountant position in Dallas, TX. This position will act as the team lead supporting the Electric Power Division’s (EPD) financial planning and analysis and consolidations group. As a Senior Staff Accountant I at Caterpillar, you will independently perform accounting functions which require preparation, analysis, and communication of issues of normal to high complexity that support Caterpillar business processes. You will have the opportunity to become one of our future business leaders and be in a position to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as high levels of leadership and initiative.
Job Duties Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Business unit lead for the coordination of forecasting, planning, and actual results for EPD’s consolidated results and analysis
- Responsible for profit variance analysis, specifically related to variable and material costs and explanation of results to the EPD Financial Reporting Manager
- Responsible for preparing monthly currency submissions
- Communication of results to corporate offices
- Ad Hoc requests and projects
- Financial restatement lead
- Use of business systems including BOBJ, BPC, FDS, and Axiom
- 4-year degree, preferably in accounting; non-accounting degree requires 18 hours of core accounting courses or approved certification (CPA/CMA)
- 4 - 6 years of accounting experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Professional Certification (Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent)
- Caterpillar accountable reporting experience
- Demonstrated success and progression in previously held accounting positions
- Demonstrated excellence in Leadership, Initiative, Communication, Accountability, Interpersonal and Problem-solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new tasks and strong attention to detail
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .